Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick up to three factions to move on to round 3

[Fed] [Fut]
9%
[E] Cadet
10%
[Bor] Dissident
3%
[Rom] [Pa]
3%
[Voy] [Fut] Hologram
4%
[TNG] [AU]
10%
[Dom] Infiltrators
8%
Andorians
10%
[Baj] Generals
6%
[Rom] Remans
5%
[NA] Borg
8%
[TNG] [Pa]
8%
[Rom] Klingons
5%
[Car] Dissidents
10%
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Welcome to Will of the Collective VII: Bottom's Up! This time around we're designing a non-unique character from the bottom up, starting with faction and ending with the story.

Welcome to faction voting, round 2. This is the biggest cut down of nominees we'll do in the faction voting process; we started with 41 different factions, and have whittled it down to 14. 8 of those haven't been voted on yet - those are factions that were nominated by more than one person in the nomination step. Those factions are joined by the top 2 factions from each of three heats of voting from the last round.

Our remaining factions are:
[Fed] [Fut]
[E] Cadet
[Bor] Dissident
[Rom] [Pa]
[Voy] [Fut] Hologram
[TNG] [AU]
[Dom] Infiltrators
Andorians
[Baj] Generals
[Rom] Remans
[NA] Borg
[TNG] [Pa]
[Rom] Klingons
[Car] Dissidents

This round will be a little different. It's going to be one heat, but at 14 entries, it is a bit larger than the 11 entry heats from last time. Each person can pick their top three (MidnightLich: 3). We're going to automatically have at least one more runoff heat; the top options that garner 50% of the votes will move on to the next round.

You've got two days again for this vote, and for re-voting. I'm curious to see if setting the goal posts at 50% of the vote (rather than a hard limit of X number of factions advancing) affects how people vote. With a hard limit, there's a strong incentive to band behind the popular choice that you find most appealing - I wonder if the incentive will be as strong with a softer limit? Let's find out! Pick your favorites, convince other people to do the same, and have fun!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I'm just happy both of my nominees made the final round.

And to plug [Rom] Klingons a little... keep in mind that the character wouldn't necessarily have to be from "Birthright" the way the team was. We've got [Rom] versions of B'Etor and Lursa, after all; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a non-unique lackey of theirs as a [Rom] affiliation personnel.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
nobthehobbit wrote:And to plug [Rom] Klingons a little... keep in mind that the character wouldn't necessarily have to be from "Birthright" the way the team was. We've got [Rom] versions of B'Etor and Lursa, after all; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a non-unique lackey of theirs as a [Rom] affiliation personnel.
On a totally "unrelated" note, what would everybody think of having multiple version of a non-unique personnel? We have it with prime-universe Marlena and mirror-universe Marlena, but it hadn't been done before and hasn't been done since.

You know, just in case, hypothetically, we found a non-unique [Kli] Klingon whose claim to fame was smuggling information to the Romulans.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:And to plug [Rom] Klingons a little... keep in mind that the character wouldn't necessarily have to be from "Birthright" the way the team was. We've got [Rom] versions of B'Etor and Lursa, after all; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a non-unique lackey of theirs as a [Rom] affiliation personnel.
[Rom] B'Etor and Lursa are like making a [Fed] Martok. Remain Klingon.
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]