Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick one faction to go on to round 4

[TNG] [AU]
29%
Andorians
22%
[E] Cadet
6%
[Car] Dissidents
No votes
0%
[Fed] [Fut]
12%
[Dom] Infiltrators
4%
[NA] Borg
27%
[TNG] [Pa]
No votes
0%
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Welcome to Will of the Collective VII: Bottom's Up! This time around we're designing a non-unique character from the bottom up, starting with faction and ending with the story.

The following five factions made it through round 2:
[TNG] [AU]
Andorians
[E] Cadet
[Car] Dissidents
[Fed] [Fut]
... and then three more were tied for that last 1.2% to get over 50% of the public vote:
[Dom] Infiltrators
[NA] Borg
[TNG] [Pa]

This time, in round 3, I strongly considered abandoning the 50% threshold after it failed to even cut the field in half. I'm going to give it one more chance, but this time, each person only gets one vote. Again, you have two days to sway the community. Make your voice heard, and make your vote count.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I think there’s been an error - it shouldn’t have been Baj Generals who came through from the last heat, but NA Borg.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I’m stoked my proposed Assimilator team member made it to the final round vote.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:I’m stoked my proposed Assimilator team member made it to the final round vote.
To clarify, the entries that have accumulated 50% of the votes will move on to the next vote. I'm thinking that the next vote should be the last, so that we can move on to actually designing the card.

I do think NA Borg are a very interesting faction because, despite their small size and not being an affiliation proper, they do have a pretty clear flavor (promoting the use of non-personnel card types).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:I’m stoked my proposed Assimilator team member made it to the final round vote.
To clarify, the entries that have accumulated 50% of the votes will move on to the next vote. I'm thinking that the next vote should be the last, so that we can move on to actually designing the card.

I do think NA Borg are a very interesting faction because, despite their small size and not being an affiliation proper, they do have a pretty clear flavor (promoting the use of non-personnel card types).
You can also shorten the voting window for runoffs if you have a timetable to maintain.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
monty42 wrote:Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad!
I'm in as a tactical vote ... but if my infiltrators make a comeback I'm switching.
I'm all in on the inflitratators, my other fav is cardassian dissidents and I don't see that happening

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
monty42 wrote:Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad!
I'm in as a tactical vote ... but if my infiltrators make a comeback I'm switching.
I'm all in on the inflitratators, my other fav is cardassian dissidents and I don't see that happening
I moved off of Dissidents when it became clear that pushing them would result in another 6 way tie and make Lucas cranky. :P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Can we at least consolidate around 2 so we get a head to head runoff with a decisive outcome?

I'm down for a Cadet/ Rogue Borg Head 2 Head.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.