Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick the faction of our next WOTC card!

[TNG] [AU]
51%
[NA] Borg
49%

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Although I like both ideas, I voted for the Borg. I think having a non-aligned card is nice to get out of such a community process. The title even says 'will of the collective', so hopefully resistance is futile :-) (although these pesky [TNG] always seem to give the Borg trouble...)
Hmmm... I like this argument. We made Hawk last time, so it seems fitting that we might make a Borg each time.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok since [AU] [TNG] is losing, here's my concept idea. If you like it, vote for [AU] [TNG] and we'll try to make it happen:

Cost 2 (Insert Name Here)
Icons: [Stf] [TNG] [AU]
Skills: [SD] Acquisition [SD] Intelligence [SD] Treachery, 1-2 other regular skills
Ability: When you play this personnel, if you do not command three [AU] [TNG] personnel, he/she is cost +1.
With the Federation on the losing end of war with the Klingon Empire, even otherwise honest Federation citizens turned to war profiteering to survive

Integrity 3, Cunning 6, Strength 6

Gameplay thoughts: gives [TNG] decks a way around Nothing to Lose, useful skill gap filler but comes with a tax if you aren't committed to [AU] [TNG] people.

Story mode thoughts: Yesterday's Enterprise is my single favorite TNG episode, but aside from the Sela thread, we don't get a lot of information about living in that Universe. This idea is an extrapolation from Picard's conversation with Captain Garrett about how the war is going for the Federation ("worse than is generally known"). When things aren't going well word tends to get out. As such, what would your Federation Joe Everyman do with seeing their post scarcity utopian society collapse? Exploring that question with a card design, even if it's not strictly THIS design, strikes me as an interesting exercise.

Ok pitch made. The Will of the Collective be done.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Ok since [AU] [TNG] is losing, here's my concept idea. If you like it, vote for [AU] [TNG] and we'll try to make it happen:

Cost 2 (Insert Name Here)
Icons: [Stf] [TNG] [AU]
Skills: [SD] Acquisition [SD] Intelligence [SD] Treachery, 1-2 other regular skills
Ability: When you play this personnel, if you do not command three [AU] [TNG] personnel, he/she is cost +1.
With the Federation on the losing end of war with the Klingon Empire, even otherwise honest Federation citizens turned to war profiteering to survive

Integrity 3, Cunning 6, Strength 6

Gameplay thoughts: gives [TNG] decks a way around Nothing to Lose, useful skill gap filler but comes with a tax if you aren't committed to [AU] [TNG] people.

Story mode thoughts: Yesterday's Enterprise is my single favorite TNG episode, but aside from the Sela thread, we don't get a lot of information about living in that Universe. This idea is an extrapolation from Picard's conversation with Captain Garrett about how the war is going for the Federation ("worse than is generally known"). When things aren't going well word tends to get out. As such, what would your Federation Joe Everyman do with seeing their post scarcity utopian society collapse? Exploring that question with a card design, even if it's not strictly THIS design, strikes me as an interesting exercise.

Ok pitch made. The Will of the Collective be done.
My pitch: 4-cost, 5 skills, 6-6-5, plays for free when you play another [AU] [TNG].

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote:My pitch: 4-cost, 5 skills, 6-6-5, plays for free when you play another [AU] [TNG].
I was going to go for a 4-cost, 5 or 6 skill 6-6-6 with cost -2 while you command a [TNG] personnel of cost 4 or more. Pretty similar in the grand scheme, especially considering most of the [TNG] personnel of cost 4 or more are already [AU] .

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Since the Enterprise-D crew sacrificed themselves in battle to complete their mission (sending the C back in time) my idea for an ability would've been:

When this personnel is involved in an engagement, if he/she is present with a personnel that costs 4 or more, remove him/her from the game to take the top card of your opponent's dilemma pile and place it under your incomplete non-HQ mission.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
monty42 wrote:Since the Enterprise-D crew sacrificed themselves in battle to complete their mission (sending the C back in time) my idea for an ability would've been:

When this personnel is involved in an engagement, if he/she is present with a personnel that costs 4 or more, remove him/her from the game to take the top card of your opponent's dilemma pile and place it under your incomplete non-HQ mission.
Coincidently I would've pitched the same idea for a Red Squad Cadet... :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
These are all fun ideas worth discussing, but unless we win over a couple of hearts and minds, or get 3 new voters, none of it's going to happen.

C'mon TrekCC Community let's move this debate from the academic to the realistic. Vote [AU] [TNG] !

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Personally I'd do a cost 4 non-unique with skills and attributes for a 2-cost personnel, with a -3 cost reduction if you have some number of [AU] [TNG] personnel.

Come on, people, let's give [AU] [TNG] some love.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:Personally I'd do a cost 4 non-unique with skills and attributes for a 2-cost personnel, with a -3 cost reduction if you have some number of [AU] [TNG] personnel.

Come on, people, let's give [AU] [TNG] some love.
Indeed. Making a war profiteer Borg just doesn't sound as plausible. I mean, maybe Lore could be that, but we're not making Lore.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:Indeed. Making a war profiteer Borg just doesn't sound as plausible. I mean, maybe Lore could be that, but we're not making Lore.
Why does the Borg necessarily need to be war profiteering?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:
Armus wrote:Indeed. Making a war profiteer Borg just doesn't sound as plausible. I mean, maybe Lore could be that, but we're not making Lore.
Why does the Borg necessarily need to be war profiteering?
It doesn't. That was the idea I had for [AU] [TNG] . It clearly doesn't translate as well as Ben's Red Squad idea.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
Naetor wrote:My pitch: 4-cost, 5 skills, 6-6-5, plays for free when you play another [AU] [TNG].
I was going to go for a 4-cost, 5 or 6 skill 6-6-6 with cost -2 while you command a [TNG] personnel of cost 4 or more. Pretty similar in the grand scheme, especially considering most of the [TNG] personnel of cost 4 or more are already [AU] .
I like my idea a little more (surprise!) because you get more bang out of your buck, but your deck has to be more AU TNG to achieve it. In general, I like cards that are not fairly costed in exceptional circumstances. Getting a 2-cost guy for free if you are playing some select personnel seems like a good way to do it. Either way, non-uniques usually function as grease and it looks like we're on the same page.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Oh, man, this is tight.

I wasn’t necessarily thinking a guy from Descent. I would like to propose something along the lines of a guy from Descent who jives with interrupts somehow. The other [NA] Borg from that episode make use of Events and Equipment. Maybe, someone who gets stronger or cheaper when opponents have interrupts in their discard pile.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]