Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
Naetor wrote:When you play this personnel, each player may place a personnel from hand at a headquarters where they could be played. Yours must be [AU] [TNG].
I like this one (with a suitable addition)! It's a great [TNG] flavor way to get Guinan, Battleship Bartender.
It's an interesting idea. But isn't it basically Common Ground with an even tighter restriction on who you can play? And what if you play a deck with 3 of each? That's placing 6 [TNG] personnel (3 of which must be [AU] ,) which rather circumvents the high costs on these personnel.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
monty42 wrote:Since the Enterprise-D crew sacrificed themselves in battle to complete their mission (sending the C back in time) my idea for an ability would've been:

When this personnel is involved in an engagement, if he/she is present with a personnel that costs 4 or more, remove him/her from the game to take the top card of your opponent's dilemma pile and place it under your incomplete non-HQ mission.
I'll stick with my original idea. Also notice that it's not dependant on you winning the engagement. It can be used when attacked or in a battle you know you're gonna lose, which adds even more story flavor.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
MattgomeryScott wrote:It's an interesting idea. But isn't it basically Common Ground with an even tighter restriction on who you can play? And what if you play a deck with 3 of each? That's placing 6 [TNG] personnel (3 of which must be [AU] ,) which rather circumvents the high costs on these personnel.
I think that's basically the idea. It's to help counter-act the natural slowness of a strategy which under normal conditions cannot play more than one personnel each turn.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:So, let's hear some nominations! Everyone gets one ability nomination, and nominations will remain open for 4 days. There is plenty of time for this step because it is easily the most complicated one, and so we can give feedback on each other's nominations. Enjoy!
Naetor wrote:Plays for free to [AU] [TNG] ship when you move to a mission with span 4 or more.
To clarify, if you submit more than one nomination, I will accept the most recent nomination unless specify a different one.
Ok, disregard my nominations. I didn't expect oversight.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
At the start of your turn, you may place this personnel on top of his/her owner's deck. If you do, the first [AU] [TNG] card you play this turn is cost -2.

Probably a 1-cost personnel. Or would it be better if it goes to the bottom of the deck? (although I like how this mirrors Tasha's ability)

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
When you play this personnel, if you command a [TNG] personnel who has a cost of 4 or more, you may download a Maneuver or Temporal card.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If this personnel is present with more then 4 cost 1 people you lose the game

If this personnel is present with more then X cost 4 people, once per game you may relocate two of your ships to any one mission that they weren't already present at

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:If this personnel is present with more then 4 cost 1 people you lose the game

If this personnel is present with more then X cost 4 people, once per game you may relocate two of your ships to any one mission that they weren't already present at
Might want to make that first one specific to your personnel, or I can just fly 4 1 costers over to the planet your attempting an insta-win. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Mogor wrote:If this personnel is present with more then 4 cost 1 people you lose the game

Might want to make that first one specific to your personnel, or I can just fly 4 1 costers over to the planet your attempting an insta-win. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
It was more sarcastic then any but fair point. The real nominated ability is the 2nd one

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote:I will probably go into this more in the upcoming voting thread if it comes to that, but I'd argue that downloading really shouldn't be on a non-unique.
I think if it's thematic or niche enough, it's okay. Also, there's precedent.
Naetor wrote:At the same time, it would kind marginalize Battleship Picard which has an otherwise unique ability for TNG.
I think being able to download any card trumps the targeted download that's been put forward. Interestingly, download for TNG isn't that unique (they've got 12 other personnel, including a non-unique, that do it). If anything would marginalize Battleship Picard, it'll be one of the 5 other Picards that do downloads.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I liked the idea of getting Benjamin Sisko to cover up the death of his Alternate Universe version in the series. This is my attempt to cover that nice idea.

"When you play this personnel you may exchange a personnel present with another personnel from your hand or deck. Both personnel must have the same card title but a different subtitle. Put the replaced personnel in its owner´s discard pile."

Cheers

Nerdo

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
Naetor wrote:I will probably go into this more in the upcoming voting thread if it comes to that, but I'd argue that downloading really shouldn't be on a non-unique.
I think if it's thematic or niche enough, it's okay. Also, there's precedent.
The rationale behind downloading -- not yours, just in general -- seems weak in a game where you can draw 7 new cards every turn and have 3x any card in your deck. Meanwhile, downloading 1 card takes about 1 minute of game time, as opposed to the 7 seconds it would take to draw 7 cards. I would say 90% of the cards that download would be thematically identical if they just drew cards instead.

For example, instead of downloading a temporal card, you would draw a card if you command a temporal card, have one in hand, etc.

Functionally these are almost identical but one makes the game much more fluid.

At the same time, downloading is such a bad crutch for deck building. I think the idea that 'every affiliation gets a download' is one of the failures of CC-era design. It's not special. Just an overpowered annoyance to play with and against.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]