Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Would you want a 2E subforum specifically devoted to Rules questions?

Yes. A forum specifically for rules would be a big help.
35%
No. Let's just have one big rules megathread in this forum.
4%
No. Allow separate topics for rules questions as long as they're distinct.
42%
There's Klingons on the starboard bow! Scrape 'em off, Jim!
19%

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
There's some discussion right now about creating a new subforum just for Rules questions in the 1E boards and I thought it might make for a good idea for here as well. But, I can also easily see 2E players having a different opinion regarding their different game, especially since an argument can be made that 2E is more straightforward and thus there are not enough Rules Questions to worry about here.

So I figured the best way to go about things was to give the 2E forums their own poll rather than impose one answer on both forums.

The way I see it, there are four main factors to consider between these choices:

* Potential for (probably unintentional) topic spam in the General forum.

* Separation of topics for the sake of keeping it clear which rules question one is referring to and for later searching.

* How active mods have to be with moving and merging threads, which has the potential to cause unhappiness.

* How spread out conversations are, as some may only read the general forum for their favorite version of the game.

The option for no rules forum, each rules question can be its own thread as long as it’s distinct has high topic spam potential, but offers separation of topics, minimal mod activity and everything’s in the general forum.

The option for no rules forum, one big rules questions megathread has no topic spam potential, but no separation of topics, the highest amount of mod activity to enforce but everything is again in the general forum.

The option for a rules forum has no topic spam potential, has separation of topics, moderate mod activity (mods only have to worry about moving rules questions to the rules forum), but that’s one more forum people have to check.

What do you guys think?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I think there's enough things that people want that we shouldn't use resources to make things that people don't want.

The 2e Gameplay forum is quiet enough as it is, and there's a fraction of the rules questions.

Maybe I'm wrong, or at least in the minority, but I don't see the need.

:twocents:

Also, Doctor Demento will generally get my vote in most circumstances. :P

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
It wouldn't take resources at all from what I've been told, just telling Maelwys to push buttons and make things happen (which is always fun).

As to the rest, that kind of feedback is why we made polls before doing anything. :)
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
monty42 wrote:
Armus wrote:The 2e Gameplay forum is quiet enough as it is...
+1
+1

Amber and Marcus, most tend to be in the weekly updates I'm doing. It would be helpful , but Marcus's point is well taken. Would more of a Master List Digest work?
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Brian is right 2E doesn't have the same issue with rules confusion as 1E, it's generally new cards or a few specific old cards that have being asked and answered before. I think a stickied thread as Amber suggested would be the best tactic. Having multiple discussion going on at the same time is going to be very rare and all you really need to do is keep the original post updated with questions asked and their answer, keep it short, well formatted and then it can be used as a resource for the future when new/returning players have questions.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:Not a separate forum, let's keep things in Gameplay- but a nice fresh *stickied* thread would be good. When threads get moved down I sometimes forget, would be good to have in one place. (I use sticky notes at work for some things too, it helps)
I wouldn't mind two stickied threads, one as a master list that just rule mistress Amber can added etc.., with links to all of her rulings and then the discussion that goes on

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Silly option aside, votes to continue to allow separate topics for each rules question in the 2E forums outnumbered the other options combined, so we will continue to let you guys do your own thing.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling […]

When 2E came out, I seem to recall that the idea[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]