Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I had a great time at the event. It was fantastic to see everyone and in some cases, meet for the first time despite working with each other for years. Lots of players old and new, both in terms of playtime and biological age. The Atlanta group was well represented and there were people from coast to coast.

I brought a recorder with me to keep an 'oral history' of the proceedings. I wasn't able to do so for every single event, but I have recordings for with of my opponents for day 1. This won't capture the entire feel of it, but if you want to take a listen, feel free to sit back and relax.

Nic Brautigam
Laney Farmer
Keith Gibson
Dustin Cox
Michael Parrish (note, this one is very brief. It was after the dinner break, with Day two fast approaching and he stayed later just to do the interview!)
Neil Timmons

A huge thanks to all six for sitting (or standing) with me and recording these.

Also, huge thanks to Michael Shea. He ran a great event with a whole lot of people and there were no problems. I can't speak for everyone, but I can definitely say that were it not for a very well worded PM, I would probably have not made the flight.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Latok wrote:No Relativity even in a Day 1 is a bummer.
In case you didn't know, Greg, Jon Carter did your Relativity proud by winning Day 1 with them!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I also heard Robin Honeycutt went 2-1 in a 2e side gig with a borrowed Relativity deck.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Fritzinger wrote:Who is Matt Scruggs?
Very interesting question.

Greg's link is to this player:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... rID=100239

This link is to the Continentals player:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... yerID=2068

Are these the same person? If so, we have all kinds of errors that need to be corrected. The profiles have to be merged, the results have to be rerun, and the ratings would then need to be recalculated. This will undoubtedly change your Ratings Predictor game. Can someone with knowledge please respond, a.s.a.p.?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
:thumbsup:
durgforaday wrote:Matt is a very good player from Birmingham, Al. Taught by the great one "Nasty Nate" when he lived and worked for a time in Birmingham. Matt is a good friend and has played in the last two regionals in Atlanta as well as running our tourneys in Birmingham. No inflating numbers needed at this Continental Championship!! 26 really nice people all coming together to have fun and play in a most excellent event! Mike Shea put on a great tournament and we could have easily had another 8 players attend if not for work and family commitments conflicting with the dates. Still hoping to meet more players as I play in more tourneys in more locations moving forward. Make plans to join us the next time Mike Shea opens the Atlanta doors! :cheersL:

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:

Are these the same person? If so, we have all kinds of errors that need to be corrected. The profiles have to be merged, the results have to be rerun, and the ratings would then need to be recalculated. This will undoubtedly change your Ratings Predictor game. Can someone with knowledge please respond, a.s.a.p.?
Good news is that even if those are indeed the same player, the older profile ended with a rating of 1510, while the new one started with 1500, so the overall impact will be pretty minimal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Maelwys wrote:Good news is that even if those are indeed the same player, the older profile ended with a rating of 1510, while the new one started with 1500, so the overall impact will be pretty minimal.
That's great to hear!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:
Latok wrote:No Relativity even in a Day 1 is a bummer.
In case you didn't know, Greg, Jon Carter did your Relativity proud by winning Day 1 with them!
I forgot to write it on my scorecard so Shea didn't count it

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Maelwys wrote:
LORE wrote:

Good news is that even if those are indeed the same player, the older profile ended with a rating of 1510, while the new one started with 1500, so the overall impact will be pretty minimal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yes, that was my old account. I lost access to it a long time ago and created this new one I think. My bad if I caused additional problems. It was not my intent! Hopefully this can be fixed easily! :cross:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
The Prefect wrote:You have linked the wrong account.

Here is the account that Matt used when he played in Continentals.
Mael / IT just need to merge both profiles, since players are not allowed duplicate accounts. Then it won't matter. I assume our resident IT wizards can do this in pretty short order. :wink:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]