Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone, my name is Francesco and I write from Italy.
I’m a huge fan of the Star Trek Universe.
I discover this game by a friend and i wish to start play it.
I read on site there are first edition and second edition- from what I understand, the first edition is more complicated than the second one.
My question is, for Newby like me, it’s better to start with second or with the first?
Thank you.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Kirk90 wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Francesco and I write from Italy.
I read on site there are first edition and second edition- from what I understand, the first edition is more complicated than the second one.
My question is, for Newby like me, it’s better to start with second or with the first?
Thank you.
Second edition is much easier to learn.

That said, there are aspects of First Edition that are fun. The interactions can get crazy sometimes.

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
Kirk90 wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Francesco and I write from Italy.
Thank you.
Second edition is much easier to learn.

That said, there are aspects of First Edition that are fun. The interactions can get crazy sometimes.
As I imagined.
So, I’ll start with 2 edition first, thank you for response.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Hiya Kirk90, are you on discord? Come find TK's dojo discord. Lots of players there to answer your questions in real time. Some of us are even in the same time zone as you :).

Also, not a lot of Italians around but plenty of European players in countries nearby. The world championships is happening in Vienna as we speak.

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
Kirk90 wrote:So, I’ll start with 2 edition first, thank you for response.
Awesome! You may find the learn to play videos in this thread useful.
Thank you! I’m reading the rulebook and yesterday, I have print the two starter set.
But some video tutorial could be better, thank you.

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:Hiya Kirk90, are you on discord? Come find TK's dojo discord. Lots of players there to answer your questions in real time. Some of us are even in the same time zone as you :).

Also, not a lot of Italians around but plenty of European players in countries nearby. The world championships is happening in Vienna as we speak.
Interesting, and yes, I have discord. The channel name is TK’s dojo?
About the world championship it would be cool, we’ll see!!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Kirk,

1e is great, too. Greater, even, I daresay -- complexer, more ludicrously layered with too many card types, and a complete role playing game in itself (if you want it to be).
If you intend to grow into another version, then yes, start with 2e and progress into 1e. But if you choose only 1 edition, and wish to focus on that -- and as you say, you love Trek a lot -- then maybe dive in deep, and go for 1e! :D

I am at Worlds (championships) in Vienna now -- only playing fun side events, since I'm not a very good player -- but I'd love to get to know you better soon. When I'm home.
Good luck choosing, and above all, have fun!

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Hi Kirk,

1e is great, too. Greater, even, I daresay -- complexer, more ludicrously layered with too many card types, and a complete role playing game in itself (if you want it to be).
If you intend to grow into another version, then yes, start with 2e and progress into 1e. But if you choose only 1 edition, and wish to focus on that -- and as you say, you love Trek a lot -- then maybe dive in deep, and go for 1e! :D

I am at Worlds (championships) in Vienna now -- only playing fun side events, since I'm not a very good player -- but I'd love to get to know you better soon. When I'm home.
Good luck choosing, and above all, have fun!
Ahahahaha thank you for the explanation!!
Yesterday i do some games with fiends, and the game it’s pretty cool!
There are some rules which I don’t understand very well, others just require to play but my hype for the game is paid off!
About the World championship, will be cool but I want to learn much more.
The our community here is about 4/5 persons so we could play together to improve our skills.
Then I’ll try the 1st edition.

By Iella
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey kirk90! Someone mentioned in the Dojo that you needed an invite link, so here you go! https://discordapp.com/invite/rsRy5GV

Looking forward to seeing you there!

- Iella

P.S. Ignore Squircifer. 2E is definitely the way to go! :)

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Welcome kirk90! So glad to see a new player with such enthusiasm!

:cheersL: :cheersL:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Francesco, AKA Kirk90, welcome aboard. The learn to play videos are definitively a great way to get started. If you join the Dojo, there are a lot of people there to help you get rolling.

How is it going getting into the game? Do you have any questions? How are your test games going?

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Iella wrote:Hey kirk90! Someone mentioned in the Dojo that you needed an invite link, so here you go! https://discordapp.com/invite/rsRy5GV

Looking forward to seeing you there!

- Iella

P.S. Ignore Squircifer. 2E is definitely the way to go! :)
Yes, Thank you!!
Ahahaha all right then, for now, I’m just play to 2E, but in the future, I want to give it a chance

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:Welcome kirk90! So glad to see a new player with such enthusiasm!

:cheersL: :cheersL:
Thank you!!

By Kirk90
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:Francesco, AKA Kirk90, welcome aboard. The learn to play videos are definitively a great way to get started. If you join the Dojo, there are a lot of people there to help you get rolling.

How is it going getting into the game? Do you have any questions? How are your test games going?
I watch all videos on forum and yes, was really helpful.
The rulebook too, is comprensive even if, I think miss something.
Today I’ve done other 2 games, with starter and I have some questions.
For exemple: When a dilemma says: Personell with 2 Biology or 2 archeology mean i must have a single character which have that skill at 2 right? Or I can add all my skill for that dilemma?

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]