Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
What’s your most-2e moment?

Yesterday I was doing a demo and I had a fast learner on my hands. He tried to set up a dilemma (I forget what) wi5 show trial because he knew that the TOS Sisko I had assimilated was my only leadership or medical and sisko was the only one who would pass the next dilemma. Unfortunately for him, I had information drone who could interlink sisko’s leadership to everyone else, decreasing the odds from certainty to 1:12.

I was very pleased that he realized he could set dilemmas up that way and also that I got to show him more depth... although I did feel bad at not letting his cool trick work out.

Still it felt like some pretty awesome 2e.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
You're pulling dilemma cheaters in a demo game?

That's cold, man! The n00b pulls a combo like that you gotta let it land!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
That’s a great Story, Fritz. In my most recent local 2E tournament, I was playing TNG New Life and had something like 10 cards in hand from a couple of attempts-worth of draws. It was my last attempt and I think I had 6 people down on Ba’Ku Planet. My buddy threw Dragon’s Teeth and pulled two folks who cost like 4 altogether. He didn’t factor in the two Security Drills I had out. I dumped all the Feds in hand and then used I Need a Little Counseling to get down to 3 cards and hand to pass it for the win. He was quite salty after that.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:That’s a great Story, Fritz. In my most recent local 2E tournament, I was playing TNG New Life and had something like 10 cards in hand from a couple of attempts-worth of draws. It was my last attempt and I think I had 6 people down on Ba’Ku Planet. My buddy threw Dragon’s Teeth and pulled two folks who cost like 4 altogether. He didn’t factor in the two Security Drills I had out. I dumped all the Feds in hand and then used I Need a Little Counseling to get down to 3 cards and hand to pass it for the win. He was quite salty after that.

I'll take "Stories that make people want to play Hall of Fame" for $600, Alex. :P
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Armus wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:That’s a great Story, Fritz. In my most recent local 2E tournament, I was playing TNG New Life and had something like 10 cards in hand from a couple of attempts-worth of draws. It was my last attempt and I think I had 6 people down on Ba’Ku Planet. My buddy threw Dragon’s Teeth and pulled two folks who cost like 4 altogether. He didn’t factor in the two Security Drills I had out. I dumped all the Feds in hand and then used I Need a Little Counseling to get down to 3 cards and hand to pass it for the win. He was quite salty after that.

I'll take "Stories that make people want to play Hall of Fame" for $600, Alex. :P
[emoji38]

Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
I get more 1E moments than 2E moments when playing 2E. However last year in the online masters playing against Charlie's Bajorans because he set up for a double attempt I played just a Dereliction of Duty to turn off Solbor's ability and let him solve so he had to do a 4th and harder mission.

By Ashbey (Anastasia Kalashnikova)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think the coolest (not the most effective) dilemma combo I ever played was Miner Revolt + Vault of Tomorrow + No Kill I (against TOS player). All the three dilemmas from the same episode.

It is also very funny to randomly choose Miles OBrien to be placed on Hard Time.

By Old Kor
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Worlds, Vienna, 2E, day 2:

Playing against MvB (fast&nasty [Car] ) my [Baj] microteam went on to IMA. After a first attempt only one dilemma was overcome. Next round I attemped with three guys (Basso, Opaka and Solbor for the Bonus) and „Rule of Acquisition #141“ in the discard pile, a second team stayed on the Ship. Michael could draw only two dilemmas – guess what? Timescape & Polywater! This was one of the moments you want to lay down the cards, jump over to your opponent and do some silly things with him! I had to stop Solbor, getting rid of my bonuspoints, but could solve with Covenat & basso.

For me definitely a moment in the game to remember.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Latok wrote:I get more 1E moments than 2E moments when playing 2E. However last year in the online masters playing against Charlie's Bajorans because he set up for a double attempt I played just a Dereliction of Duty to turn off Solbor's ability and let him solve so he had to do a 4th and harder mission.
:shifty: ...Mission Accomplished... against Tjark :D

•Miles O'Brien, Repair Chief and I had some good times this year... :D

[SD] Together, we brought Ken to despair in Vienna.
[SD] We made tjark stop a game at the nationals.
[SD] I guess a lot of people didn't enjoy it, but in a fun way.

... Maybe it has something to do with no-win.

OH WAIT FUNNY STUFF!
I mistook Dath for Dar and the opponent comes through NTL.

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
We were in Philly at a regional (coupled with a Star Wars CCG event, lots of nerds!)

I'm playing against John, and I'm playing a Cardassian Assimilator. John jumps up 2 missions on me, and he's solving for his final mission. I play Tragic Turn, and some junk, murder his guys, then Molecular Mishap to cause him to lose 5 points, so when he solves, he's sitting at 95 points, attempting his 50 point mission to gain the 5 points he needs to win. I ran headlong into his dilemmas and it took me an additional 6 turns ton win, but 6 turns later, after watching him bash his head against a 50 point mission to gain 5 points, I managed to labor camp enough points to win. It was a true "come from 95-0 back to win the game" moment.

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]