Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
bhosp wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote: Do what I was advocating when we first errataed it - make it to the end of the dilemma, not the end of the mission attempt. The trigger would also be "while facing a dilemma."
I was the one arguing that we follow the theme of the Far Beyond The Stars set and have it look for a [DS9] or [TN] personnel (instead of [Car] ) in the discard pile, but no one listens to me.
Having the card be able to boost Cardassians by Jem'Hadar attributes would not have solved the problem.
Well, it would have at least created a different problem than the one we currently have.

Come on man, the rule is that getting my idea overruled gives me “told you so” rights, you know this.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
bhosp wrote:Well, it would have at least created a different problem than the one we currently have.

Come on man, the rule is that getting my idea overruled gives me “told you so” rights, you know this.
To my recollection, the problems errata were asked to solve was that Cardassian players were using the interrupt to boost their peeps by "Lore" or "One" attributes ... and that the card seemed unenforced or weakly enforced culturally.

Allowing the card to look for [DS9] or [TN] people would not have solved either problem, so it wouldn't have created a new problem so much as failed to solve the problems errata was asked to solve. Not to mention that it would have changed the design intent of the card through errata.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
The Prefect wrote:To my recollection, the problems errata were asked to solve was that Cardassian players were using the interrupt to boost their peeps by "Lore" or "One" attributes ... and that the card seemed unenforced or weakly enforced culturally.
Not according to the notes on its page:
TEoME wrote:Watchlist Status:
Added to Watchlist on 2018-09-10: Looking into the ability of lasting thru the attempt.
...unless this is the reason it has been re-added to the Watchlist?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:Not to mention that it would have changed the design intent of the card through errata.
Well you’d know more about the intent than me; I actually thought my idea was less of a change to design intent than the [Car] icon.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Danny wrote:
The Prefect wrote:To my recollection, the problems errata were asked to solve was that Cardassian players were using the interrupt to boost their peeps by "Lore" or "One" attributes ... and that the card seemed unenforced or weakly enforced culturally.
Added to Watchlist on 2018-09-10: Looking into the ability of lasting thru the attempt.
That is correct.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Danny wrote:
Essentially, now the debate is about whether or not Enemy of My Enemy should look more like The Promise or more like Covenant. That's a different discussion than the one that prompted the card's initial inclusion on the watch list.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Danny wrote:
The Prefect wrote: Essentially, now the debate is about whether or not Enemy of My Enemy should look more like The Promise or more like Covenant. That's a different discussion than the one that prompted the card's initial inclusion on the watch list.
Now that's the debate? Unless there's been some poor housekeeping going on, that's been an issue since 10th September 2018 (11 months).

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Danny wrote:Now that's the debate? Unless there's been some poor housekeeping going on, that's been an issue since 10th September 2018 (11 months).
I think "now" here means "is still" rather than "is suddenly." In my mind Worlds doesn't raise the question, it just cements the answer.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
GooeyChewie wrote:
Danny wrote:Now that's the debate? Unless there's been some poor housekeeping going on, that's been an issue since 10th September 2018 (11 months).
I think "now" here means "is still" rather than "is suddenly." In my mind Worlds doesn't raise the question, it just cements the answer.
:thumbsup:

Absolutely yes on the first part. I haven't been asleep for the last 11 months...

I'm not sure World's "cements the answer", but I recognize that I may be in the minority at the moment.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
bhosp wrote:
Marquetry wrote:I know you're joking about the issue being Tugat.. I hope, at least.. but we all know the issues are Enemy of My Enemy and Casualties of the Occupation :)
I don’t think *the issue* is Tugat, I just think that all attribute boosts should either last until the end of the dilemma or the end of the mission attempt.

Casualties is harder to change because it’s an order, so I didn’t bring it up, but now that I think it over it should be “until the end of your next mission attempt this turn.”

That’s not even based on whether or not the deck is OP, it’s just a standard limit that should be on all such abilities.
:thumbsup:
I agree EoT attribute boosts have always been problematic in 2e.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
The Prefect wrote:
Also, before we get out the pitchforks for Cardassians post-Worlds, we should note that Cardassians didn't finish top-three in Day One and Ken's deck came in 19th on Day One.
Because Ken didn't play th last two rounds dayone because he wanted do AA with a crazy scots man. But I
Had only one lose before the two missed games....

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]