Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Gonna go ahead and get in before people start clamoring for errata to stop the Seattle Cardassian deck to say that Tugat legit needs errata just because he’s one of the few cards that still allows an attribute boost “until the end of this turn” instead of “until the end of this mission attempt.”

Also might be an opportunity to CSI Enhance the picture.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Casualties of the Occupation also does and it doesn't even encourage dual-HQ.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
If I had my way, everything would be either end of dilemma or end of mission attempt, and not end of turn. I can rememebr things till the end of the mission attempt, I struggle till the end of the turn!

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I know you're joking about the issue being Tugat.. I hope, at least.. but we all know the issues are Enemy of My Enemy and Casualties of the Occupation :)

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:I know you're joking about the issue being Tugat.. I hope, at least.. but we all know the issues are Enemy of My Enemy and Casualties of the Occupation :)
I don’t think *the issue* is Tugat, I just think that all attribute boosts should either last until the end of the dilemma or the end of the mission attempt.

Casualties is harder to change because it’s an order, so I didn’t bring it up, but now that I think it over it should be “until the end of your next mission attempt this turn.”

That’s not even based on whether or not the deck is OP, it’s just a standard limit that should be on all such abilities.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
nickyank wrote:If I had my way, everything would be either end of dilemma or end of mission attempt, and not end of turn. I can rememebr things till the end of the mission attempt, I struggle till the end of the turn!
How often does it come into play, though? Outside of mission attempts, attributes and skills rarely make a difference. If you're starting a second (third/fourth/fifth) mission for the first attempt, you're probably not solving it that fist time.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
nickyank wrote:If I had my way, everything would be either end of dilemma or end of mission attempt, and not end of turn. I can rememebr things till the end of the mission attempt, I struggle till the end of the turn!
How often does it come into play, though? Outside of mission attempts, attributes and skills rarely make a difference. If you're starting a second (third/fourth/fifth) mission for the first attempt, you're probably not solving it that fist time.
You've obviously never seen a pre-errata Covenant deck if you think that.

There's a reason it was errataed.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
And Michael was able to pull of multiple missions in one turn with it (probably Ken as well, but he's not here to ask currently). Hard to stop mission attempts when your personnel are boosted +3, and you have Central Command plus TEOME, so you can do missions with 3 people.

Yes, in decks built around it, it comes up frequently.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
How is Enemy of My Enemy still an issue post-errata? It's already limited to [Car] personnel, only works until the end of the mission attempt, and is removed from.the game. What else could be done?

I think Central Command should probably be removed from the game. But, then we've been going back and forth about that card since it was designed, I think.

Regarding Casualties of the Occupation I don't think it would be out of line to require the player to command Bajorans to play it. That should reign it in without violating the design intent or neutering the card...

Also, before we get out the pitchforks for Cardassians post-Worlds, we should note that Cardassians didn't finish top-three in Day One and Ken's deck came in 19th on Day One.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For TEOME - it's still an extra person's worth of attributes/skills for a whole mission attempt, the change to only gaining from Cardies just removed the craziness of using One/Data to get the boost (so you're getting a 6 or 7 instead of a 10). The best thing for it would have been to limit to one per turn like Homeward Bound, but that's just my :twocents:

Not getting out pitchforks by any stretch, but it has won a Continentals and Worlds now since the errata, just maybe something to keep an eye on?

Not sure about why others didn't play it Day One; but: Michael didn't want to play it both days, so did Relativity instead; Ken went 4-1 (losing to Michael) then dropped the last 2 rounds to play Aberdeen Anarchy, not sure what would have happened in the last 2 rounds but likely 1 more win, so estimate of 5-2 on the day.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Just to add to this, because I always play that broken record when those cards come up:

1) Discarding from the top of the deck IS NOT A BLOODY COST. It's something I want to do all the time in that kind of deck. How TEOME got made after years and years of telling everybody that the "cost" on The Central Command is actually a benefit for the player, I will never understand. I get that discarding cards from the top of the deck might seem dangerous to somebody whose comfort zone are rather slim solvers, but deck size is the only resource in the game that I can start with as much of as I want.
2) If somebody like me who hasn't played a sanctioned event in four years and is seriously out of touch with 2E, can copy MVB's Cardie list and go 3-0 (against Dillon, Slaby, Hosp), it looks like that deck is a bit on the strong side. I never played a game when TEOME wasn't limited to Cardies in the discard pile, but as Amber said, the idea is that it gives you one extra body's worth of attributes. Every time I played it, any random jobber was good enough to get the solve.

I'll go back to the 1E corner now.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
Yikes. This is the person in charge of 2E. Yikes.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Faithful Reader wrote:
Quite a lot. You didn't know that?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
The Prefect wrote:Also, before we get out the pitchforks for Cardassians post-Worlds, we should note that Cardassians didn't finish top-three in Day One and Ken's deck came in 19th on Day One.
I have no dog in this fight, but Ken came in 19th because he took 2 missed games. He (iirc) won every game he played on Day 1 except his last match against Michael, whom knows the deck inside and out.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
nickyank wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote:
Quite a lot. You didn't know that?
Yeah in fact because of Casualties, backed bey the interrupts, you have a very good chance at solving in one attempt. When my opponent uses Casualties at the start of the order phase, sets up a crew for attempting, then attempts and I have to pick dilemmas and then maybe do that all over again for him to solve and go to another mission to attempt again. Yeah remembering Casualties is a thing 10 minutes after it was used is hard.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]