Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Today, here, I took my first steps into a larger world. :shifty:

Next questions about my [Bor] trials... as said, I would probably like to go with Dissidents. (And while I've been looking at Dissi-decks, I still don't quite follow.)

(1) This means that I probably don't want to command any non-Drone (like Data or a Queen), correct?

(2) And because of little available [BO] Dissidents, it may be prudent to play Sphere 117 -- right? How do I get it out quickly? (Ninja's deck only has two ships, both 117s; he must have a way to field them.)

(3) Or is there another way to make sure my Dissidents don't lose their skills when regular Borg (which seems to be needed) are on table?

(4) Last question (for this post :P ) -- How bad is it in 2e to have only 1 -- or even 0 of either space missions or planet missions? As said, I want my first test deck to be fun, with nice cards, and I like more of the [1E-DQ] space missions. (And they need to be DQ, because of 117...?)

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
(1) correct.
(2) You can include cards that can download a ship - like Christening
(3) You need the Sphere 117
(4) Zero of any kind is very bad, because the normal rules say, you need one Planet and one Space and 100 Points for a full win. There are ways to cheat that rule. To have only one of a kind could be risky as well.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:(1) correct.
(2) You can include cards that can download a ship - like Christening
(3) You need the Sphere 117
(4) Zero of any kind is very bad, because the normal rules say, you need one Planet and one Space and 100 Points for a full win. There are ways to cheat that rule. To have only one of a kind could be risky as well.
Very useful, thanks! In the mean time, indeed I did re-read the rules on planet/space missions and victory conditions. Too bad, now I have to kill my darlings. :)
Kaiser wrote:In TNS's deck, Third and Two of Nine also give access to the ship, and Requisitions Drones help cycle through the deck and dig for the ship (or a way to get it).
How does Third get a ship? Wait -- you don't mean Third, but Third of Nine. Nope, that's not it either. Three of Nine? Fourth? Don't think so... :? Assist us. Revise or append. :borg: ( :wink: )

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Got it! Doh. If it had been 1e cards, I'd surely have understood -- since the wording is not different, I must assume that I'm distracted by all this newness. :P

But thanks for all the help so far, potential drones :borg: :shifty: ahh... nice individuals! 8)

Next question -- I have found some dilemmas with a Borg(ish) theme, but too few for my taste. There must be more... Can anyone recommend any other than these? And/or suggest another way of searching for them in the database?

23 V 5 1x Family
3 U 25 1x Rogue Borg Ambush
8 R 13 1x Outclassed
0 VP 33 1x Personal Duty

:cheersL:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:I did dilemmas with using the lore search as borg
Yes, I did that exactly, and found all those; but I didn't find Uncoventional Consideration very Borg-like. Yet, given the lack of options, I may include it just because of the lore... :shifty:
Add rogue borg ship as well
Ah -- missed that! Certainly will want to. But --ooh, I need to have damage cards, then. And my deck is mucho thicko already... :( Back to drawing board.

Concerning the mandatory fielding of the Rebel boat -- as I see it, Quintessence -- Borg-themed! -- also helps; and P'Chan helps Lansor get out of bed.
Correct me if wrong. Correlate. :borg:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
You'll probably want to go more with dilemmas that are simply good than with dilemmas featuring Borg. Story mode is good, and it can help, but it can only take you so far.

How is the deck doing for you thus far?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:You'll probably want to go more with dilemmas that are simply good than with dilemmas featuring Borg. Story mode is good, and it can help, but it can only take you so far.
True, of course. But as I said here, it --
I wrote:is of great importance to me to enjoy playing a CCG (...) having a customized, personal deck with cards that appeal to me most, and/or those that mean something to me
-- so that's what I have to work with. 8)
How is the deck doing for you thus far?
Well... it feels good, theme-wise, which is what I most need to have fun with it. Thanks for asking. :wink:

But I could still use some input here and there -- particularly an answer on my previous post. :) :thumbsup:

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I personally don't know that damage cards are worth it, unless you're dedicated more fully to the damage/battle strategy (which is easier with normal [AQ] Borg). Part of the fun (at least for me!) of Dissident Borg is the "splat" with The New Resistance, so it's better to keep your non-personnel number down where possible.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:I personally don't know that damage cards are worth it, unless you're dedicated more fully to the damage/battle strategy (which is easier with normal [AQ] Borg).
Okay. Thx.
Part of the fun (at least for me!) of Dissident Borg is the "splat" with The New Resistance, so it's better to keep your non-personnel number down where possible.
Do regular drones already turn into dissidents when you show them from deck, if 117 in play? The ball boat says "own", which is different from "command" for a reason, right...?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Good! 8) :thumbsup:

Okay, here is a link to my efforts so far... but actually, I hope to be finished. I spent much ore time on it than I had hoped... :P

Whomever can take a look at it and see if I missed things, or made grave errors, will have my gratitude. All comments are welcome!

(As stated above, its primary goals was to be a bundle of nice-looking and cool-feeling cards that I'd like to play with; so that may be the reason for certain weird choices -- e.g., Assimilated Transport prolly shouldn't be in the deck, but in 1e we don't have its class (except as Virtual, and as dilemma) But please, do comment; at the very least I can learn from it.)

Thank you for servicing the collective. :borg:
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]