Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
On the surface, I'd say cut out Borg Cutting Beam and The Will of the Collective and put in 2 more copies of The New Resistance so you'll be sure to draw into it early. It'll be easier to barf out personnel, then. Other than that, it's a solid deck.

Oh, and this.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks!
jadziadax8 wrote:On the surface, I'd say cut out Borg Cutting Beam and The Will of the Collective and put in 2 more copies of The New Resistance so you'll be sure to draw into it early. It'll be easier to barf out personnel, then.
Ideally, I was going for the IDIC Achievement, since that (no duplicates) has long been, also, a personal preference.
Can it work as-is, albeit slower? Or do those 2 card hamper the deck in some way?
Other than that, it's a solid deck.
Huh. Surprising, for my first try. No other objections, anybody?
Oh, and this.
Haha, indeed; I'd forgotten for a moment that you are foremost a 2e player! :thumbsup: 8)
Resistance-is-futile wrote:I agree with Maggie solid deck with her suggested edits above
Alright, thanks. What do you think of my sentiments/question above? What goes wrong if I keep it this way?
There are some anti Borg dilemmas like intimidation etc but those r meh
OK, thx for the heads-up. :thumbsup: If you think of others, let me know -- it helps to read them before-hand.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
I will respectfully disagree that Intimidation is “meh.” That dilemma has saved my bacon on many an occasion.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
How do I get more Diplomacy on table with this deck? Or, isn't that needed?

Nobody commented on the low skill count there (but I certainly understand that quick glances can't discern everything).

I put in the Universal Punishment Baton (I wanted to have at least one [Equ] anyways; if imma play 2e, I want to have at least all card types represented in my showcase deck). Still, this doesn't give my Dissidents a lot of headway in the diplomatic department.
Is it a problem?

(Aside from the analysis in the deck list, Tuvok, Mostly Assimilated gets Diplomacy.)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
Every affiliation supposedly has a built-in weakness. For Borg, they lack certain skills, like Diplomacy, Officer and Honor, that are more common in other affiliations. That is an Achilles heel that you can play around. Sometimes it's a good thing (you're less vulnerable to An Issue of Trust or Personal Duty, as long as you have one of the relevant skills) and sometimes it's a bad thing (you're probably going to hit Gomtuu Shockwave).

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
SudenKapala wrote:How do I get more Diplomacy on table with this deck? Or, isn't that needed?
If you're using the Universal Translator, you could add the Unstable First to bring another Officer (to bring another Diplomacy). Plus, an event download.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks! :)
I considered First, indeed; but he's already in my 1e [Bor] deck. I wanted to have as little overlap / as much difference as possible. It's good to read your response, in order to get my priorities straight. :wink:
That shock wave indeed is a problem (but beloved episode!), since Telepathy also seems to be one of those weak skill spots for the collective... :borg:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Political distinctiveness. Huh! Good point. I must admit that I don't o a lot of assimilating so far, with my current 1e deck; an this (2e) deck being a Dissident one, I guess I'm ot going to be doing a lot of it here, either... but I see your point that it's an option for the Collective in general.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
TyKajada wrote:While playing Borg Dissidents be aware that an opponent's A Few Minor Difficulties severely hampers your deck if not nullified.

Therefore always keep a Two of Nine handy for this purpose.... 8)
Thx for the heads-up! Incidentally, I have the Lanstator in deck, yes (also/primarily/initially to have bigger chance to get Ball 117 out). So, I can get rid of AFMD. But, do I then really need a reserve copy of the Sphere? I'd like to keep my boats (and all cards) diversified (as few doubles as possible)...

Also, for same reason: must I then stock multiple Two Of Nines? :?
As for skills Janeway helps with her pick. In space she usually is very telepathic, on planets she is very intelligent. :P
You mean Intel skill, right? For/against which card?
Have fun!
I will comply. :borg:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
TyKajada wrote:As for skills Janeway helps with her pick. In space she usually is very telepathic, on planets she is very intelligent. :P
SudenKapala wrote: You mean Intel skill, right? For/against which card?
Ironically, Rogue Borg Ambush.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
TyKajada wrote:As for skills Janeway helps with her pick. In space she usually is very telepathic, on planets she is very intelligent. :P
SudenKapala wrote: You mean Intel skill, right? For/against which card?
Ironically, Rogue Borg Ambush.
... which is in my deck, but I haven't learnt it by heart yet... :? I am so ashamed... :(
(Kidding! I'll never be able to really learn any deck by heart. Which is actually very nice -- it makes for good games when playing against deckless friends using my own decks.)

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
TyKajada wrote:While playing Borg Dissidents be aware that an opponent's A Few Minor Difficulties severely hampers your deck if not nullified.

Therefore always keep a Two of Nine handy for this purpose.... 8)
Thx for the heads-up! Incidentally, I have the Lanstator in deck, yes (also/primarily/initially to have bigger chance to get Ball 117 out). So, I can get rid of AFMD. But, do I then really need a reserve copy of the Sphere? I'd like to keep my boats (and all cards) diversified (as few doubles as possible)...

Also, for same reason: must I then stock multiple Two Of Nines? :?

While I understand the notion of having a diverse deck with close to no duplicates, however, I'd say some cards are just too good to only have one.

Two of Nine is one of those, I'd pack three.

[Bor]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.