Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

-  
For the purposes of setting dilemmas, it's helpful to know which skills your opponent has or lacks. So, what's the rule about writing these things down?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
cherrylandcafe wrote:For the purposes of setting dilemmas, it's helpful to know which skills your opponent has or lacks. So, what's the rule about writing these things down?
Generally speaking, note taking in game is not allowed.

That's what makes skill tracking an art.

There are dilemmas that can help you with what skills an opponent has in a given mission attempt. Secret Identity, for example, has been a go-to for years for this.

Heightened Perception is a very strong and (In My Opinion) very Underutilized card for setting up dilemma combos. There's even Anij to grab it for you.

Hopefully some of that helps! :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
AFAIK, you are allowed to take notes to track changes in score, but nothing else.

As Armus mentioned, skill tracking is an art.
[SD] I usually build piles that don't require me to track skills because I am bad at it. This deck shows off my standard attrition pile. My current kill pile requires you to do a bit of tracking because of All-Consuming Evil and The Clown: Guillotine. I compensate for my tracking handicaps by choosing mission skills for those dilemmas.
[SD] If I do decide I want to build a dilemma pile around a certain skill or skills, I try to remember to track that limited subset of skills when my opponent plays personnel. For instance, my Terra Prime deck tries to damage my opponent by using Greater Needs and V'Ger. I then use filters like Blended to remove the required skills for those dilemmas.
[SD] Some people are incredibly talented at skill tracking. One of my local guys (MrCub21) is notorious for how good he is at it. All of his dilemma piles use 3X "Rapid Progress" and 3X Infinite Diversity as walls. :o

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Per the official tournament rules:

Players may write down whom took the first turn, the time the game / match started, the time the game / match is due to end and changes to any player's score (First Edition, Second Edition, and Tribbles.) Players may also write any changeable or selectable characteristic of a card on a slip of paper and insert that in the card's sleeve (e.g. in First Edition the classification and gender of a Soong-type Android or in Second Edition the skill on Vina, Orion Slave Girl.) No other note taking (e.g. the location of a dilemma in First Edition or the personnel an opponent has in play in Second Edition) is permitted during a game.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:
cherrylandcafe wrote:For the purposes of setting dilemmas, it's helpful to know which skills your opponent has or lacks. So, what's the rule about writing these things down?
Generally speaking, note taking in game is not allowed.

That's what makes skill tracking an art.
You can examine cards when they come into play. If there's one or two skills you are worried about, that can help. Be aware that skill gaining can happen outside personnel who are in play, though.

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]