Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

-  
I'm watching "In the Cards" (DS0 S05E25), in which Nog and Jake create havoc in the pursuit of a 1951 Mays rookie card.

Why is it, then, that we use a Roger Maris card as that artifact, rather than the Mays?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
cherrylandcafe wrote:I'm watching "In the Cards" (DS0 S05E25), in which Nog and Jake create havoc in the pursuit of a 1951 Mays rookie card.

Why is it, then, that we use a Roger Maris card as that artifact, rather than the Mays?
Maris is from the TNG episode "The Most Toys"

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
To elaborate: at the time of The Fajo Collection, when the 1e collection of that card came out, Decipher was still only producing cards from TNG only. Immediatly afterward, they expanded their licence and power in the universe; and starting with First Contact, other media were being exploited by the subsequent expansion sets.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote:To elaborate: at the time of The Fajo Collection, when the 1e collection of that card came out, Decipher was still only producing cards from TNG only. Immediatly afterward, they expanded their licence and power in the universe; and starting with First Contact, other media were being exploited by the subsequent expansion sets.
cherrylandcafe is asking about the 2E version of 1962 Roger Maris. :thumbsup:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I know, that's why I wrote "1e version of"... but I still thought that it might be interesting for the background, since a lot of 2e cards do find their genesis in 1e versions, right? So the 1e version may be part of the answer to the question...? :twocents:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Assuming there's a good image of it, we should totally make a 1951 Willie Mays card that does something cool in a Commodity deck. Collect ALL the baseball cards!

:D
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:Assuming there's a good image of it, we should totally make a 1951 Willie Mays card that does something cool in a Commodity deck. Collect ALL the baseball cards!
There's these two, Buck Bokai and probably a few others we can do. Though I'm not sure how many would be Artifacts. Should they have similar effects?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
Armus wrote:Assuming there's a good image of it, we should totally make a 1951 Willie Mays card that does something cool in a Commodity deck. Collect ALL the baseball cards!
There's these two, Buck Bokai and probably a few others we can do. Though I'm not sure how many would be Artifacts. Should they have similar effects?
I have some ideas. PM me if you're serious.

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]