Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:FYI: Brian had one bad game against a deck that doesn’t even do all that much with interrupts once they’ve reached the discard pile, and now he’s freaking out about it to everyone who’ll listen, including half-cocked ideas for errata on the actual errata team boards.

Pay no attention, this is a man in the middle of an emotional outburst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See that's your mistake. I'm actually NOT lol triggered from my game last night. I've been hearing how good this Cardassian deck is for awhile and last night was the first time I've had a chance to go up against it directly. And while I did lose, it was hardly a Roflstomp. I got some shots in and was at least attempting for the win on my last turn - it just wasn't enough.

You might want me to shut up about it, and maybe my proposed errata ideas are terrible, but I think my analysis of why it's so good is solid and based in fact. What to do about it (if anything) is an open question.

I'm in brainstorm mode. I'm starting discussion, both here and behind the scenes. If that's not allowed I never got the memo.

BTW thanks for outing me as an errata team member. :?
I've noticed Ben's typing fingers often move faster than his brain. ;-)

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
monty42 wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
The Prefect wrote:One-size-fits-all solutions in a game this complex tend to create all sorts of unintended consequences.

Better to address specific problems through errata and/or design. Sweeping rules changes are the nuclear option.
Yes, address specific problem cards; and don't make more ways to get cards out of the discard pile.

And please for the love of pickles, no OTF... our game is nowhere near needing that! There are already limited formats for those who don't like the full game.
:thumbsup:
Amber and I agree on a lot of things these days...
Maybe the world is coming to an end... :wink:
Dammit Ben, now I have that bad REM song in my head... We had a middle-school PE class that used it, having flashbacks... ;)

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Marquetry wrote: Dammit Ben, now I have that bad REM song in my head... We had a middle-school PE class that used it, having flashbacks... ;)
But, do you feel fine?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
PE class? Weird. *shrug*

When I hear that song I think of the scene in Tommy Boy when they're singing the chorus and then trip over the next verse. Totally relatable.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Prefect wrote:I've noticed Ben's typing fingers often move faster than his brain. ;-)
Troof! :lol:

And no worries, Brian. Own it!

Errata team:

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Armus wrote:PE class? Weird. *shrug*

When I hear that song I think of the scene in Tommy Boy when they're singing the chorus and then trip over the next verse. Totally relatable.
There was a unit on dance.. we did a square-dance thing, maybe something else, and a dance to this song. No idea why, I blame Alabama.
Unfortunately I am not feeling fine currently, but oh well
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Why are you blaming us good folk in Alabama for a REM song ? They hailed from Athens, Ga. If it is square dancing you dislike look no further that Tennessee. If you are going to saddle us with any blame we will take only that which we are really responsible for.....Nasty Nate's formative school years! :wink: :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote:Why are you blaming us good folk in Alabama for a REM song ? They hailed from Athens, Ga. If it is square dancing you dislike look no further that Tennessee. If you are going to saddle us with any blame we will take only that which we are really responsible for.....Nasty Nate's formative school years! :wink: :cheersL:
:lol:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
durgforaday wrote:Why are you blaming us good folk in Alabama for a REM song ? They hailed from Athens, Ga. If it is square dancing you dislike look no further that Tennessee. If you are going to saddle us with any blame we will take only that which we are really responsible for.....Nasty Nate's formative school years! :wink: :cheersL:
:lol:

Today's useless trivia factoid - Michael Stipe was a military brat and briefly attended my high school (which is near a large Air Force base), though well before my time.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Just brainstorming here....

What if we made a rules change so that ALL interrupts that were played successfully (ie, not prevented) were removed from the game after they've had their effect.

What would that solve?

What would that break?

I have a few thoughts, but I wanted to put this out there for discussion.

All input is appreciated.
Great idea for a new format for 2E.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Because she was school in Alabama when this happened.

Michael
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Then you both are invited back for cards and fabulous food ASAP!! The great state of Alabama apologizes for putting you through that ridiculous dance and making you listen to that ridiculous song!! :cheersL:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
StateofSTCCG wrote:Great idea for a new format for 2E.
Agreed. Let's leave it at that. If people want to play that way, let them.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]