Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Fellow STCCG players-

Now that the 2019 World Championships are behind us and the Road to Worlds does not restart until Space Coast Masters in November, I thought it would be a good time to reach out to the community to see how myself and the OP team are doing. What were some of our successes in 2019? What can we do better headed into the 2020 season? What are the issues that are most important to you from an OP perspective going forward? Are there any nagging concerns either I or my team can address now in the off-season?

Thanks for reading and in advance for your comments.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Thanks for all the hard work.

Success: thanks for reducing the lead time on sanctioned tournaments. And I'm tremendously enjoying the online Masters.

Idea for the future: how about some online team matchplay? Not just everyone plays a normal tournament and the winning team has the highest total VP. Actual teams of three facing off against a whole other team each week.
Last edited by Fritzinger on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for adding Online Masters this year! I hope the Online players like myself keep getting the support and recognition we deserve. I just wish I could officially have my Region noted as Online so the occasional confusion about what my ‘local’ is could be cleared up - my local is the Online Community.

Speaking of, I don’t know how viable this would be from an OP perspective but I’d really like some Online mp ffas tournaments. I know they’ve not traditionally been very popular, but I’ve been playing 3 and 4 player games of 2E on Lackey off and on lately with some friends and they’ve all gone surprisingly well. Even at four players the downtime is surprisingly light for the odd person out every turn. If people wanted to try something new to spice up their play without changing or adding cardlists or rules, I highly recommend people give it a shot. Could maybe even be rigged up with the team suggestion above if people wanted, though in that case you would probably be modifying rules.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Why aren't there dates for high level events in place for 2021 yet?
Dates for 2020 should've been in place in 2018!
I always wanted to take a run at making as many european nationals as possible. Problem is whenever I need to hand in my vacation days, no dates are ever set.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I lurve multiplayer. It would be cool if someone could come up with a way of scoring a multiplayer tournament.
Couldn't you score it as if it was a 1v1 against every player in the game, and essentially treat it as doing 2 or 3 rounds at once using modified wins for people who did better than others but didn't come first? Wouldn't be perfect and might really mess with ELO, but it's an easy option. Granted, someone can probably come up with something much better than the easiest option, but...

Example of this with a 4 Player Game:
Scores at Game 1 End:
Player A) 100
Player B) 80
Player C) 50
Player D) 65

Becomes Tournament Scoring after first game of:
Player A with 3 full wins at 100 points in each
Player B with 1 full loss and 2 modified wins at 80 points in each
Player C with 3 full losses at 50 points in each
Player D with 2 full losses and 1 modified win with 65 points in each

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The first tournament guide Decipher issued after 2E was released had the following breakdown for VP in a multiplayer event:

3 players
1st - 7
2nd - 4
3rd - 1

4 players
1st - 7
2nd - 5
3rd - 3
4th - 1

It also reduced each by a point for games that went past the time limit (including reducing the player in last to 0 VP). DGMA also had a multiplayer scorecard available.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]