Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
If Tolian Soran is the only Treachery personal present at my headquarters, and I play S’rrel at my headquarters, S’rrel becomes Strength +2. Have I “used” Soran’s Treachery, so Soran immediately randomly selects someone present to be stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Short answer: Yes, someone would be selected to be stopped.

Long answer: The Skill section in the Rulebook Glossary references this type of situation, at the bottom of page 19:
A personnel “uses” one of his or her skills:
• When you use game text on one of your cards that references that skill. This includes, but is not limited to, referencing a skill to satisfy a play requirement, gaining a skill that a personnel already has or gaining a skill from another personnel.
Since S'rrel is referencing the Treachery, this would trigger Tolian's text.

So yes, he is allergic to cats.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:I guess he’s also allergic to PADDs and Exocomps and stuff.
This means of using skills (another, non-dilemma card requiring a skill on a personnel) is why Locutus got his errata. People found that, with his original text, you could score 10 points just by playing Team of Ambassadors, even if you weren't using any of the other text on that interrupt.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Just to clarify: If I have another treachery person at the mission other than Tolian I would not have to stop someone because it could/would be their ( the other treachery persons ) treachery triggering S'rrel's text !? :?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Would this mean that if Tolian is the only Treachery, you would randomly select until S'rrell is stopped?

Isn't it S'rrell that is using Tolian's Treachery, and not Tolian himself?

How does he work with Fortune, Raider for Hire?
"While your Treachery personnel is aboard this ship, he or she is attributes +1 for each Artifact you command (limit +3).
Would Tolian just stop people until he's the only one left?

(same would go for Jovis, Museum)

I think it would be good to add 'uses a skill to complete a mission or dilemma' to Tolian.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Would this mean that if Tolian is the only Treachery, you would randomly select until S'rrell is stopped?

Isn't it S'rrell that is using Tolian's Treachery, and not Tolian himself?

How does he work with Fortune, Raider for Hire?
"While your Treachery personnel is aboard this ship, he or she is attributes +1 for each Artifact you command (limit +3).
Would Tolian just stop people until he's the only one left?

(same would go for Jovis, Museum)

I think it would be good to add 'uses a skill to complete a mission or dilemma' to Tolian.
Traditionally, "while" triggers use a skill once, even if the effect is continuous. So, Soran's Treachery would be used once by S'rrel when the two become present with each other (stopping only one personnel), even though it is providing a continuous benefit of 2 Strength.

Similarly, with Raider for Hire, someone present with Soran would get stopped once he beams aboard. You could avoid this stop by beaming Soran there first, then beaming other personnel aboard the ship (they would have not been present when the skill became "used").
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]