Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Omnipotent Armament wrote:Hand Weapon.
Order - Destroy your Q event that costs 3 or more and remove this equipment from the game to begin combat involving your personnel. If you win, choose a non-headquarters mission you command. The opponent on your left places the top three dilemmas of their dilemma pile beneath that mission. Otherwise, you lose the game.
Guinans Rifle wrote:Hand Weapon. While in combat, each of your El-Aurian personnel present is Strength +3. When combat begins involving your personnel with Integrity>7 present, you may remove this equipment from the game to prevent that and stop each personnel involved.
Will you lose the game doing this? Prevent = Otherwise?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Omnipotent Armament wrote:Hand Weapon.
Order - Destroy your Q event that costs 3 or more and remove this equipment from the game to begin combat involving your personnel. If you win, choose a non-headquarters mission you command. The opponent on your left places the top three dilemmas of their dilemma pile beneath that mission. Otherwise, you lose the game.
Guinans Rifle wrote:Hand Weapon. While in combat, each of your El-Aurian personnel present is Strength +3. When combat begins involving your personnel with Integrity>7 present, you may remove this equipment from the game to prevent that and stop each personnel involved.
Will you lose the game doing this? Prevent = Otherwise?
I would say prevent = prevent everything. Costs remain paid, the rest doesn't happen.

I'm not 100% on that though, so if Rules Mistress Amber rolls in here and tells me I'm wrong, it wouldn't totally shock me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:As far as I know, we didn’t think of this very funny interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it's a big deal. Costs are paid, effects are prevented. Losing the game is an effect of not winning the battle. If the battle is cancelled, then there's no effect.

This doesn't need to be hard.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:

I don't think it's a big deal. Costs are paid, effects are prevented. Losing the game is an effect of not winning the battle. If the battle is cancelled, then there's no effect.

I want a cancelled Q gun battle make you lose the game. I want more ways for you to screw up and lose the game with it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
Armus wrote:

I want a cancelled Q gun battle make you lose the game. I want more ways for you to screw up and lose the game with it.

Talk to Rules Mistress Amber. I'm working on about 85-90% certainty.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote:Talk to Rules Mistress Amber. I'm working on about 85-90% certainty.
1E has an app for that...

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]