Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Geordi La Forge, Resolute Presence
[Fed] (2) •Geordi La Forge, Resolute Presence
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
•Engineer •Navigation •Officer
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D.
While this personnel is aboard your Galaxy-class ship, it is Weapons +2 and Shields +2.
"Things are going to happen fast. Just keep alert, stay calm. Let's focus on what we're doing."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5
49 V 41
:thumbsup:
  • Cheap
  • Solid attributes
  • While aboard the Prime Enterprise-D, can stop it being Outclassed
:thumbsdown:
  • Playing this La Forge would mean not being able to have any of the others in play (Retired Engineer being the most popular choice).
:twocents:
  • Geordi becomes the sixth distinct Commander of the 1701-D, making a TNG Captain's Log deck even stronger.
Although his ability references Galaxy-class ships, let's be honest, it really means the Enterprise-D (what with no one playing the U.S.S. Galaxy or U.S.S. Odyssey this year).

As stated, he saves the D from being Outclassed, and by boosting it offensively too, means the D is even better in combat. Maybe Geordi, staring at the D's Dedication Plaque, while answering a Call to Arms with his expensive crewmates, aboard a Weapons 12 Battleship fighting in a War Without End (scoring you 25 points for a victory) will be enough to see it making a serious appearance.

A great card! 8.5/10

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote:He seems overcosted. Doesn't work with War Without End because he's not [AU]. I'd say he's OK.
He does work with War Without End - you can start the engagement and score points if you win, you just don’t get the all [AU] Weapons bonus.

Over costed? He’s a 6/6/5 Dedication Plaque for 2.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
Naetor wrote:He seems overcosted. Doesn't work with War Without End because he's not [AU]. I'd say he's OK.
He does work with War Without End - you can start the engagement and score points if you win, you just don’t get the all [AU] Weapons bonus.

Maybe the meta changes a lot with the battle cards. But he's a weak 1-cost personnel with the gametext of a 1-cost card that isn't played. If Weapons/Shields become important he'll be better than I think. But most -Ds aren't good and seem to get played largely for nostalgia. His best play might be put him on a fleet of Galaxys, but that's another card that isn't played.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Danny wrote:

Yeah but shouldn't he have 4 skills or be 6-6-6 since Dedication Plaque is a card no one uses and should be valued at ~0 cost.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:
Danny wrote:

Yeah but shouldn't he have 4 skills or be 6-6-6 since Dedication Plaque is a card no one uses and should be valued at ~0 cost.
Yeah, I'm not arguing he's waaay over costed. +Leadership would have been about right.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Naetor wrote:
Latok wrote:
Danny wrote: He does work with War Without End - you can start the engagement and score points if you win, you just don’t get the all [AU] Weapons bonus.

Yeah, I'm not arguing he's waaay over costed. +Leadership would have been about right.
Yeah when I saw the card and read the quote I thought where's his Leadership?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Naetor wrote:But most -Ds aren't good and seem to get played largely for nostalgia. His best play might be put him on a fleet of Galaxys, but that's another card that isn't played.
Most versions of the Enterprise-D would be a whole lot better if they could meet the requirements on Outclassed. It's rough to spend 6 on a ship with four staffing icons and still get hammered by a popular dilemma designed to counter small, cheap ships. Geordi helps negate that problem. Even if you don't have him in every attempt, just having him in play can prevent your opponent from even throwing Outclassed out of fear of giving you a free mission.

I don't think a fourth skill would have broken him or anything, but I'll still play him as-is.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:
Naetor wrote:But most -Ds aren't good and seem to get played largely for nostalgia. His best play might be put him on a fleet of Galaxys, but that's another card that isn't played.
Most versions of the Enterprise-D would be a whole lot better if they could meet the requirements on Outclassed. It's rough to spend 6 on a ship with four staffing icons and still get hammered by a popular dilemma designed to counter small, cheap ships. Geordi helps negate that problem. Even if you don't have him in every attempt, just having him in play can prevent your opponent from even throwing Outclassed out of fear of giving you a free mission.

I don't think a fourth skill would have broken him or anything, but I'll still play him as-is.
Also he has Navigation, so he gets around Alternatives to Fighting which is an even bigger pain in the ass since it doesn't go under the mission.

He's a 1 coster from a skills + attributes perspective, and that ship stat boost strikes me as easily worth 1, so I got no beef with how he's costed.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]