Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Life-Changing Encounter
[Evt] (2) Life-Changing Encounter
Assault. Maneuver. Q. Temporal. Plays in your core.
Order - Begin combat or an engagement involving your personnel. If you win, place this event on the mission where that personnel was involved (limit one per mission). Each personnel at this mission is attributes -1. Otherwise, destroy this event.
"That Picard never had a brush with death..."
49 V 19
:thumbsup:
  • Plethora of keywords so downloading from the deck shouldn't be a problem
  • Interesting pay off for winning combat or an engagement
:thumbsdown:
  • Doesn't kill, capture, or score points
Interesting card. May well get seen in a Dominion Infiltration 'attribute denial' deck, or a Maquis 'Not Easily Taken' deck. More interesting is that (as pointed out in another thread), if you win a combat/engagement and place the event on a mission, there's nothing stopping you going elsewhere and using the event's Order to trigger combat/engagement again (even if it's not in your core), and then place the event elsewhere.

As with most cards, in the right deck, can see it being quite potent. In the wrong deck, not so much. Score anywhere between 5/10 to 8/10

Bortz Factoid: Marcus Nash (who plays Ensign Picard in the episode Tapestry - where the image was taken from) is not the only Nash to appear in TNG. His sister, Jennifer Nash, appears in The Inner Light, where she appears as Picard/Kamin's daughter Meribor.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
More interesting is that (as pointed out in another thread), if you win a combat/engagement and place the event on a mission, there's nothing stopping you going elsewhere and using the event's Order to trigger combat/engagement again (even if it's not in your core), and then place the event elsewhere.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm guessing a MarkIX of this deck is in order. The Qam-Chee can win engagements on its own, and provides an additional -1 to attributes.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:I can see myself throwing everything that the Dominion has with gametext "attributes -" together and then slowly realising that the engagement/combat aspect adds one too many moving parts.

Does an extra attributes -1 at a particular mission actually move the needle for them?
Yes. -1 attributes gets exponentially better the more you have working. It's possible to get a Limited Welcome lockout.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:I can see myself throwing everything that the Dominion has with gametext "attributes -" together and then slowly realising that the engagement/combat aspect adds one too many moving parts.

Does an extra attributes -1 at a particular mission actually move the needle for them?
Yes. -1 attributes gets exponentially better the more you have working. It's possible to get a Limited Welcome lockout.
That is EVIL. I guess that would only work until there are actually 9 dilemmas under.

Edit: lol I just realised how dumb that last sentence is.
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35