Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Target the Main Generator
[Evt] (1) Target the Main Generator
Maneuver. Plays in your core.
Order - Destroy this event to begin an engagement involving your Officer personnel. If you win, choose an opponent's ship involved and draw cards up to its printed Weapons. Otherwise, randomly select an opponent's Officer or Navigation personnel involved to be returned to their owner's hand.
"Start targeting their signal generators."
49 V 28
:thumbsup:
  • Cheap
  • If you lose the engagement, you can bounce away an opponent's personnel
:thumbsdown:
  • If you win, you can draw a number of cards (potentially between 0 and 12)
You may be thinking I've got the thumbs the wrong way round, but personally, I'm sure I haven't. You see, I've never seen card drawing outside of the Play and Draw segments as that much of a boon (unless I'm running an interrupt heavy cheating-my-way-through-mission-attempts deck). However, bouncing an opponent's personnel away can be beneficial (as it not only costs them to replay them, but could also scoop the added bonus of destaffing them).

Regardless of personnel thoughts, hats off to the Design Team for this innovative approach. :thumbsup:

As for the score, in the right deck (maybe Klingon Officers running the whole spectrum of "winning engagement" cards), it's a solid 7.75/10. In the wrong deck, well, not so good. 3.5/10.

P.S.: Just for fun, why not run it in a Maquis deck using the Maquis Raider? If you lose, bounce a personnel to their hand. If you win, draw cards and bounce a rando to the top of their deck :P

P.P.S.: I think, stylistically, it should've read "...select an opponent's Navigation or Officer personnel...", but that's just being nitpicky.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Danny wrote:You see, I've never seen card drawing outside of the Play and Draw segments as that much of a boon (unless I'm running an interrupt heavy cheating-my-way-through-mission-attempts deck).
Not much of a boon, but a boon nonetheless. Suppose you empty your hand at the end of your Play and Draw Cards segment. It'll be real nice to have five or six (or seven or eight) cards in your hand at the start of your next turn. Even if you don't have any interrupts, those are counters you don't have to spend at the start of your next turn. All for one counter, the same cost as the current draw engine winner, These are the Voyages. A pretty good draw engine for battle decks, which will have already spent some counters for battle acumen.

Probably won't change your numbers, but it is useful, just not hugely.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Naetor wrote:Hmm.. play [AU] [SF], ditch hand, solve mission, win battle, redraw hand, end turn.
Intriguing...

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Hmm.. play [AU] [SF], ditch hand, solve mission, win battle, redraw hand, end turn.
Ohhhhh Interesting You just gave something to think about for one of My next decks. :cheersL: :cheersR:
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]