Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Before I get to the point of this post, I would first like to apologise for how my previous run as Brand Manager ended. There were a few issues at home; I think most of you know some of the story, but let’s just say my dad died and my mum has been very ill since. I also started my own business three years ago; which is still going strong.

All of the above are the reasons why I just could not cope with all the personal issues and being Second Edition Brand Manager. My Trek playing pretty much fell off as well. I should have reached out and explained this, rather than just vanishing.

Now that is out of the way, let me say that my personal life is very different now; I won’t say it’s perfect, but things are under control.

Which brings me to the main point – I want my old job back, Second Edition Brand Manager.

I think 2nd Edition is a mess right now, and I feel I can put the ship back on course. I have not talked to Maggie or the upper echelons of the CC about this yet; I feel the right way to do this before contacting them is to see how the community feels. Maybe you don’t want me back; maybe you want to keep things as they are. I want to know how you feel.

If you do want me back, the best time to let the CC know is during the PoR and the subsequent vote. If you do support my reinstatement, please note this is NOT a call to DM anyone in the CC, let your voice be heard in the vote.

And in the meantime, let the current Brand Manager continue his work unhindered. This is not a slight against him, I just feel that things could be improved.

If I do get my position back, I have plans, and am willing to discuss them if you have questions. Feel free to ask below.

Thank you for listening.

Nick

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I love to hear this! I think you have a very strong claim and as I told you before, you can count on my support.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:There were a few issues at home; I think most of you know some of the story, but let’s just say my dad died and my mum has been very ill since. I also started my own business three years ago; which is still going strong.
Sorry about your loss and troubles, but congrats on the strong business! I remember hearing about you talking about trying to get something up and running during the very early (or possibly even pre-) stages of that, and I know how hard starting a business is, especially the first few years. So congrats on having made it successfully thus far!

By Ashbey (Anastasia Kalashnikova)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I really wish you would never leave. Sorry about your dad (I lost my family too). You can count on my support as well (if you need it in the first place).

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
nickyank wrote:There were a few issues at home; I think most of you know some of the story, but let’s just say my dad died and my mum has been very ill since. I also started my own business three years ago; which is still going strong.
Sorry about your loss and troubles, but congrats on the strong business! I remember hearing about you talking about trying to get something up and running during the very early (or possibly even pre-) stages of that, and I know how hard starting a business is, especially the first few years. So congrats on having made it successfully thus far!
I started the business to give me more flexibility in life, like taking care of my mum. It's taken a few years to get there, but now I have a few members of staff, things have calmed down.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ashbey wrote:I really wish you would never leave. Sorry about your dad (I lost my family too). You can count on my support as well (if you need it in the first place).
I don't think I'm looking for people's support, but it's more that I want people to think about what is best for the game and vote after the PoR accordingly. Thanks anyway, though.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
First, welcome back to 2e life. I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I'm glad your life is in a better place now. In fairness to both you and Ross, I think it's appropriate to ask a few specific questions - to give you a chance to articulate your position, and a chance for Ross to respond.

You say "2nd Edition is a mess right now". In what ways, specifically, is 2e "a mess" in your view, and on what do you base that conclusion? How much of that do you believe is attributable directly to Ross' leadership? How much of that do you believe is directly attributable to other factors?

You say you have specific plans. Can you give us examples of what they are? Also, let's assume for the sake of this question that you find yourself resuming the position of 2e Brand Manager assuming the position of 2e Director in the near future. Would you use your new authority to alter or change design projects that may be currently in development, and why or why not?

You indicate you'd like to resume your position as 2e Brand Manager assume the position of 2e Director. What specifically would you point to as successes under your tenure as 2e Brand Manager that were directly attributable to your leadership?

Finally, I think it's fair to say that assuming any board position within the CC comes with certain obligations. I'll admit I don't recall too many of the specifics surrounding your departure (how much notice you gave, how much support you provided your replacement, etc.), but I gather from your post here that your departure was more abrupt then you'd have liked or than would have been ideal. So, my question is, if you find yourself in the Brand Manager position once again 2e Director position, what steps would you take to ensure an orderly transition between you and Ross, and, in the eventuality of your own departure, between yourself and your hypothetical replacement?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So from a procedural view, we can't just vote Nick in, even if we wanted to.

First off, the job he left - 2e Brand Manager - no longer exists. The replacement job - 2e Director - is fundamentally different, giving ultimate authority and responsibility to the incumbent for the health of the 2e game.

So in essence, Nick can't have his old job back because it no longer exists. However, if you want Nick to have this new job, here's how you go about it:

- There has to be a vacancy in the 2e Director position. That only happens by resignation of the incumbent director or a majority vote to remove the incumbent from the position.

- Assuming a vacancy happens, the other Board Members have to form a search committee and nominate a replacement, which i think is also subject to a vote by the community - I think.

(Side note: I tried looking up the bylaws to confirm these specifics but I can't find the damn thing. Can somebody please put a link to the board-approved bylaws somewhere obvious so I don't have to go forum dumpster diving and pulling up Google docs to old drafts that may or may not actually be correct?)

So the Yankovec 2019 campaign is a bit premature. However, if this is a change that the community wants, it's better to have an alternative rather than trying to beat something with nothing, so this is definitely a nice setup to Yankovec 2020 if the Community thinks it's time for a change in the 2e big chair.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd also really want to hear what your plans, goals, dreams, and criticisms for 2E today are. Is there anything you'd pledge to never do or, conversely, do asap?

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:So from a procedural view, we can't just vote Nick in, even if we wanted to.

First off, the job he left - 2e Brand Manager - no longer exists. The replacement job - 2e Director - is fundamentally different, giving ultimate authority and responsibility to the incumbent for the health of the 2e game.

So in essence, Nick can't have his old job back because it no longer exists. However, if you want Nick to have this new job, here's how you go about it:

- There has to be a vacancy in the 2e Director position. That only happens by resignation of the incumbent director or a majority vote to remove the incumbent from the position.

- Assuming a vacancy happens, the other Board Members have to form a search committee and nominate a replacement, which i think is also subject to a vote by the community - I think.

(Side note: I tried looking up the bylaws to confirm these specifics but I can't find the damn thing. Can somebody please put a link to the board-approved bylaws somewhere obvious so I don't have to go forum dumpster diving and pulling up Google docs to old drafts that may or may not actually be correct?)

So the Yankovec 2019 campaign is a bit premature. However, if this is a change that the community wants, it's better to have an alternative rather than trying to beat something with nothing, so this is definitely a nice setup to Yankovec 2020 if the Community thinks it's time for a change in the 2e big chair.
I personally appreciated the campaign notice. I'll be following this closely, as to a fence sitter, I'm not willing to vote the old guy out if I think he's doing a marginally adequate job if there's not a better alternative around
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
nickyank wrote:I want to know how you feel.
Nick, you have my sympathy for losing your dad.

Given the way you did your job (and didn't do your job, and emails went unanswered, and the way you disappeared, and the way you left so much of the 2E work), you do NOT have my support for any CC Leadership position at this time.

Johnny Holeva

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sorry for your troubled situation. Lost my mom too and life had some rough suprises, but staying strong helps ... a bit.

Welcome back.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jjh wrote:

Given the way you did your job (and didn't do your job, and emails went unanswered, and the way you disappeared, and the way you left so much of the 2E work), you do NOT have my support for any CC Leadership position at this time.

Johnny Holeva
I really hope you'll never experience a similar situation but if you do, I hope that nobody'll give you an equally shitty response.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
jjh wrote:

Johnny Holeva
I really hope you'll never experience a similar situation but if you do, I hope that nobody'll give you an equally shitty response.
No. This is the pragmatic response, and I'd say the correct response.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]