Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Naetor wrote:No. This is the pragmatic response, and I'd say the correct response.
Then take what I said to him and apply it to yourself.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
Naetor wrote:No. This is the pragmatic response, and I'd say the correct response.
Didn't you quit two months ago?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:
Didn't you quit two months ago?
You obviously didn't pay attention. I announced two months ago that I'll quit by the end of this month.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
Naetor wrote:Didn't you quit two months ago?
You obviously didn't pay attention. I announced two months ago that I'll quit by the end of this month.
Obviously. If you do return, I'll look forward to your announcement address. Maybe we'll even make you Brand Manager.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:
Obviously. If you do return, I'll look forward to your announcement address. Maybe we'll even make you Brand Manager.
I could see doing worse...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:
Oh don't worry, threads like this only reinforce my decision and also my belief that this community is better off dead.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:
jjh wrote: Nick, you have my sympathy for losing your dad.

Given the way you did your job (and didn't do your job, and emails went unanswered, and the way you disappeared, and the way you left so much of the 2E work), you do NOT have my support for any CC Leadership position at this time.

Johnny Holeva
I really hope you'll never experience a similar situation but if you do, I hope that nobody'll give you an equally shitty response.
No. This is the pragmatic response, and I'd say the correct response.
So he went through some personal stuff, had a hard time doing his nerd job, did the right thing by walking away from said nerd job, got his life together, got through the personal stuff, got to the point where he has time for the nerd job, offers to help, and the response of "sorry we don't want you back because you didn't do a good job when you had real life stuff going on" - ESPECIALLY in light of the issues we have with our current 2e Director - is the pragmatic and correct response? I read that right?

You'll pardon me if I don't share your... "pragmatic"... assessment.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:You obviously didn't pay attention. I announced two months ago that I'll quit by the end of this month.
Oh don't worry, threads like this only reinforce my decision and also my belief that this community is better off dead.
You can probably just leave now. It's not like you're the Brand Manager or something, and have responsibilities.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:So he went through some personal stuff, had a hard time doing his nerd job, did the right thing by walking away from said nerd job, got his life together, got through the personal stuff, got to the point where he has time for the nerd job, offers to help, and the response of "sorry we don't want you back because you didn't do a good job when you had real life stuff going on" - ESPECIALLY in light of the issues we have with our current 2e Director - is the pragmatic and correct response? I read that right?

If he would have quit the job, I'd have no problem. But he didn't. He lingered in the role without doing it, then made a desperate plea to retain it when 2e decided to go with new leadership. Now he wants it back again, and thinks hanging out with John Corbett for a weekend makes him qualified. That doesn't pass the smell test.

If you want to make him Brand Manager of HoF or something, go for it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Armus wrote:So he went through some personal stuff, had a hard time doing his nerd job, did the right thing by walking away from said nerd job, got his life together, got through the personal stuff, got to the point where he has time for the nerd job, offers to help, and the response of "sorry we don't want you back because you didn't do a good job when you had real life stuff going on" - ESPECIALLY in light of the issues we have with our current 2e Director - is the pragmatic and correct response? I read that right?

If he would have quit the job, I'd have no problem. But he didn't. He lingered in the role without doing it, then made a desperate plea to retain it when 2e decided to go with new leadership. Now he wants it back again, and thinks hanging out with John Corbett for a weekend makes him qualified. That doesn't pass the smell test.

If you want to make him Brand Manager of HoF or something, go for it.
So what's your plan? Vote out Ross, vote against Nick, and go for what's behind door #3?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wow Naetor,

to read such a post addressed to a fellow member of this community makes me really really sad.

That's a new rock bottom,even for thoses boards.
Shame,shame,shame...

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Come on guys, don't do this.

Johnny has a point - although I don't think his assessment is fair, it's up to me to convince him and others that things have changed. I would disagree I did a bad job, and I don't recall any controversies that came out during my tenure, but I'm sure someone will remind me if there were.

Nate, I am curious, when was my desperate plea to retain my job? That's the only criticism so far they I really take umbrage with. Oh, and also that this came about due to the past weekend in Texas. Pretty sure many of those in attendance at Worlds this year can say that I was thinking about this a few months ago. You seem to be implying that I'm a tool of John, so let me set the record straight - I would not be doing this if the only reason is I'm some kind of Corbett schill. I think I can make a difference and help this game I've played for years. More importantly, I've learnt from past mistakes, I know the pitfalls.

I'm currently writing responses to the questions posed, and I hope to have them answered tomorrow.

Nick

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Oh don't worry, threads like this only reinforce my decision and also my belief that this community is better off dead.
You want the community to die? How are you a regional ambassador...? :?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:Come on guys, don't do this.

Johnny has a point - although I don't think his assessment is fair, it's up to me to convince him and others that things have changed. I would disagree I did a bad job, and I don't recall any controversies that came out during my tenure, but I'm sure someone will remind me if there were.

Nate, I am curious, when was my desperate plea to retain my job? That's the only criticism so far they I really take umbrage with. Oh, and also that this came about due to the past weekend in Texas. Pretty sure many of those in attendance at Worlds this year can say that I was thinking about this a few months ago. You seem to be implying that I'm a tool of John, so let me set the record straight - I would not be doing this if the only reason is I'm some kind of Corbett schill. I think I can make a difference and help this game I've played for years. More importantly, I've learnt from past mistakes, I know the pitfalls.

I'm currently writing responses to the questions posed, and I hope to have them answered tomorrow.

Nick
Ok I'll try to see things from the other side.

While you're writing up answers, here's a couple of questions I can see people like Johnny or Nate having if they haven't already drawn conclusions:

1.) You went AWOL last time you had this job. If given another chance, what will you do to ensure such behavior doesn't repeat itself? Related, if for some reason something does come up again, what will you do to ensure continuity of operations if you're not available?

2.) As I stated earlier, your old job as written doesn't exist anymore. Why do you think you're qualified to be the leader of the 2e game?

3.) What is your vision for 2e as a game? Put another way, what do you see as the biggest needs and how will you go about addressing said needs?

4.) What is your view of the positions (not the people) of Design Director and Errata Lead? Would you continue with the current structure or would you re-evaluate?

I think these are fair questions and concerns, and Nick deserves a fair hearing. Hopefully he'll be given such.

And just to be clear, Ross absolutely deserves a fair hearing as well, and I'm looking forward to giving him such in the upcoming PoR.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
nickyank wrote:Come on guys, don't do this.

Nick
Ok I'll try to see things from the other side.

While you're writing up answers, here's a couple of questions I can see people like Johnny or Nate having if they haven't already drawn conclusions:

1.) You went AWOL last time you had this job. If given another chance, what will you do to ensure such behavior doesn't repeat itself? Related, if for some reason something does come up again, what will you do to ensure continuity of operations if you're not available?

2.) As I stated earlier, your old job as written doesn't exist anymore. Why do you think you're qualified to be the leader of the 2e game?

3.) What is your vision for 2e as a game? Put another way, what do you see as the biggest needs and how will you go about addressing said needs?

4.) What is your view of the positions (not the people) of Design Director and Errata Lead? Would you continue with the current structure or would you re-evaluate?

I think these are fair questions and concerns, and Nick deserves a fair hearing. Hopefully he'll be given such.

And just to be clear, Ross absolutely deserves a fair hearing as well, and I'm looking forward to giving him such in the upcoming PoR.
Well written questions, and all I would want to do is expand 4 to include more of the major 2E roles
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]