Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Omnipotent Armament
[Equ] (3) •Omnipotent Armament
Hand Weapon.
Order
- Destroy your Q event that costs 3 or more and remove this equipment from the game to begin combat involving your personnel. If you win, choose a non-headquarters mission you command. The opponent on your left places the top three dilemmas of their dilemma pile beneath that mission. Otherwise, you lose the game.
49 V 9
:thumbsup:
  • Winning combat will bag you three dilemmas beneath a mission of your choice.
  • An equipment rather than an event, so harder for your opponent to destroy.
:thumbsdown:
  • Losing combat will lose you the game.
  • Counter cost to set this up is pricey.
:?
  • For some reason, doesn't have the Q. keyword.
Omnipotent by name and omnipotent by nature: although it's a hand weapon, it doesn't need to be present with personnel to use its game text, so you're able to leave it at an HQ, and then beam aboard an opponent's breached ship to begin combat in their safe space.

Previously, a player could usually guarantee winning combat. Now, with Defend It and Hope, there's the real possibility that one could lose combat, so you have to ask: is the gamble (of three dilemmas) worth losing the game for?

Of course, interrupts can be filtered/removed/countered, but this requires more resources. Add to that the required sacrificial >=3 cost Q event, and it's just making the deck look a little more costly and a little more bulky.

Overall, not one of my faves, but eager to hear if it's one of yours. I think it's a 4/10.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Delivery Boy takes the bite out of the setup cost.

Given that in the right deck, 3 free dilemmas can be a free mission, I think it's well balanced.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Delivery Boy takes the bite out of the setup cost.

Given that in the right deck, 3 free dilemmas can be a free mission, I think it's well balanced.
Um, how? never mind, thought you were talking about the equipment.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]