What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Card of the Day: Mantle of the Empire 
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Omarion Nebula
Post Card of the Day: Mantle of the Empire
Mantle of the Empire
Quote:
[Equ] (2) •Mantle of the Empire
Order - Name a unique Klingon. While that personnel is present, he or she gains Intelligence and Chancellor, and cannot be killed by dilemmas. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
"Hail Worf. Leader of the Empire! Worf! Worf! Worf!"
49 V 8

:thumbsup:
  • So much Trek sense!
  • Prevents a unique personnel being killed by dilemmas
:thumbsdown:
  • There's not a lot that can be done (currently) with the Chancellor keyword.

First, I love the concept. Genuinely I do. I'm a huge fan of the equippable artifacts found in M:TG and to see the concept (finally!) ported into 2E is a joy.

Understandably, any first try in a new skin is going to be a little rough: the choice of skill gained is an odd one (as none of the other Chancellors have Intelligence - maybe Leadership (or 2) would've been more suitable?), and the gaining of this particular keyword, although thematic AF, is a little bit meh (as, of the five other cards that reference Chancellor, two of them are Negh'Vars, one lets you download a Chancellor (N/A), one triggers off of a Chancellor being played, and one is the "used 20 times in the last 10 years" Klingon Law).

For game-sense, it's a 4.5/10.
For Trek-sense, it's a 9/10.
For paving the way for other unique equippable equipment like Medals and Awards, and Spatial Displacement Devices, it's a :thumbsup: :cheersR:

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~ HERMAN MELVILLE (1819-1891)

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:26 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Risa
Post Re: Card of the Day: Mantle of the Empire
Cool idea. I like that it let's your new Chancellor exercise Ruthless Efficiency. But, it seems like it should cost 1, putting it more in line with Tricorder and those other equipment that give you a skill. Kinda depends on how good the NeghVar stuff is at 2.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery