Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Mantle of the Empire
[Equ] (2) •Mantle of the Empire
Order - Name a unique Klingon. While that personnel is present, he or she gains Intelligence and Chancellor, and cannot be killed by dilemmas. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
"Hail Worf. Leader of the Empire! Worf! Worf! Worf!"
49 V 8
:thumbsup:
  • So much Trek sense!
  • Prevents a unique personnel being killed by dilemmas
:thumbsdown:
  • There's not a lot that can be done (currently) with the Chancellor keyword.
First, I love the concept. Genuinely I do. I'm a huge fan of the equippable artifacts found in M:TG and to see the concept (finally!) ported into 2E is a joy.

Understandably, any first try in a new skin is going to be a little rough: the choice of skill gained is an odd one (as none of the other Chancellors have Intelligence - maybe Leadership (or 2) would've been more suitable?), and the gaining of this particular keyword, although thematic AF, is a little bit meh (as, of the five other cards that reference Chancellor, two of them are Negh'Vars, one lets you download a Chancellor (N/A), one triggers off of a Chancellor being played, and one is the "used 20 times in the last 10 years" Klingon Law).

For game-sense, it's a 4.5/10.
For Trek-sense, it's a 9/10.
For paving the way for other unique equippable equipment like Medals and Awards, and Spatial Displacement Devices, it's a :thumbsup: :cheersR:
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]