Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Rascals
[D] (2) Rascals
Unless your personnel have a total cost<17, for each headquarters mission you command, randomly select a personnel to be killed.
"They're taking all the adults down to the surface. It looks like they're keeping all the children on board the ship."
49 V 2
:thumbsup:
  • Combos nicely with The Dal'Rok (drop Rascals first when they have a large team, score a kill, filter, then hit with the Dal'Rok when the team is smaller)
  • Cheaper than The Dal'Rok
  • Doesn't bounce (compared the The Dal'Rok) so triggers Tragic Turn
:thumbsdown:
  • It doesn't require a skill, so can be nerfed by those personnel and missions that nerf them
Even though I got hit by the Rascals/Dal'Rok combo a couple of weekends ago, I'm a fan. And even though I mentioned that the downside is this dilemma can be nerfed by the likes of Donatra/Reyga/Assess Contamination, I like that it was made - you can't be afraid of the wind.

7.5/10

Bortz Factoid: Notice the strong Picard-family resemblance between the 12 year old Picard (in "Rascals") and JLP's nephew, René, in the TNG episode "Family"? Well, that's because both were played by the same actor, David Tristan Birkin.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote:Dead draw against Relativity.
True, but the glass-half-full folk would probably say "Kills two against dual HQ decks".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Reminds me of the time I threw the Final Adventure / Dal'rok combo against Voyager. I should read cards.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
True, but the glass-half-full folk would probably say "Kills two against dual HQ decks".
Looking at the last 4 major events (online Masters, Worlds Day 1/2, US Nationals, NA Continentals 1/2), dual HQs were played 3 times: twice Jaeger Bomb by Jon Carter, and once Cardassians + Brunt. The best placement was 7th out of 26 on Day 1 at Worlds.

Relativity was played 7 times, +6 occurrences of Voyager or Khan. Relativity won 2 of those 6 tournaments and placed 2nd in a third.

The other top deck is Cardassian weenies. 2-dual for a potential kill would be good if those decks weren't dominant. But in the current meta, it's not a great play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
Reminds me of the time I threw the Final Adventure / Dal'rok combo against Voyager. I should read cards.
Yeah I did the same thing against James Hoskins Voyager deck at Origins years ago as one in a series of mistakes that day. After winning Continentals the year before I managed to completely fuck up, finish 9th in a 12 man field, and miss the day 2 cut. So much for my title defense! :P

Definitely NOT my finest hour. :oops:

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
My most successful deck at the Texas Invitational was a dual HQ TNG/DS9 deck (thanks for letting me steal it, Stuart!). THis was played a few times against me, and it can't be Dax'd as it costs 2, and all my personnel were high cost. It did hurt.

Still, I finished 3rd, so dual HQs are still viable, although admittedly not as common as HQ-less decks.

Not sure if I would stock it as a) it doesn't effect the HQ-less decks, and b) is also it's not great against weenie decks. That's a big field it's a dead draw against.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:My most successful deck at the Texas Invitational was a dual HQ TNG/DS9 deck (thanks for letting me steal it, Stuart!). THis was played a few times against me, and it can't be Dax'd as it costs 2, and all my personnel were high cost. It did hurt.

Still, I finished 3rd, so dual HQs are still viable, although admittedly not as common as HQ-less decks.

Not sure if I would stock it as a) it doesn't effect the HQ-less decks, and b) is also it's not great against weenie decks. That's a big field it's a dead draw against.
I've noticed most weenie decks run some fake news high costers to deal with the worst of the weenie hate. If that's true then it's not a dead draw. If that is NOT true, then yeah it's a dead draw, but there's a LOT of options that should land and land hard against a legit pure weenie deck.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]