Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings fellow nerds!

Today, the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November is election day here in the US. I'm not looking to get political here in the gameplay thread, but today has me thinking about voting, and that leads me to one of the yearly highlights: the annual Star Trek CCG 2nd Edition Hall of Fame vote!

This year, we're moving the timeline a bit. The nomination window for the 2020 class will occur in January 2020, with voting in February.

Each community member will be allowed to nominate 3 cards to be inducted. In order to be eligible, the card must have been around for 10 years. That means that all cards made in 2009 and previous years remain eligible, and joining them this year are all of the cards from the Peak Performance and Infinite Diversity sets.

The current Hall of Fame inductees are here.

Also here are last year's Nomination, voting and results discussion threads.

Now's your chance to start thinking about, and advocating for (or against) your favorite cards - or even the cards you just love to hate! Each person's nominations - and the reasons for those nominations - are theirs alone. And it's equal opportunity - convince 65% of the voters that your nominees deserve to be voted in, and they are!

Will this be the year that the community takes its revenge against the brokenness that is Peak Performance? Will any of the bubble cards from last year's class get over the hump this time around?

We'll find out come January, but it's never too early to think about which cards are worthy of nomination and trying to build the consensus to get them into the Hall.

Let the discussion begin! :cheersL:

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
DJstormtrooper wrote:In Development
Ruling Council
Lustful Distraction

So many more I wish I could nominate... also, Surprise Party's day cannot come fast enough.
I wouldn't waste a nomination on Surprise Party, as it's no longer a must include.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote:In Development
Ruling Council
Lustful Distraction

So many more I wish I could nominate... also, Surprise Party's day cannot come fast enough.
Just so we're clear, this is NOT the nomination thread. That's coming later.

If you have a full-on hate list, post it! No 3-card limit in this discussion!

And yes, Surprise Party will be eligible for the 2021 class. Just one more year!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor - come on people, let's start making mission selection count again.
As literally a copy of that set was made, how would using A5A (or any other card) from set 37 work? That card isn't eligible to be in the hall yet. Just curious.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
prylardurden wrote:As literally a copy of that set was made, how would using A5A (or any other card) from set 37 work? That card isn't eligible to be in the hall yet. Just curious.
There's already an example of this - (At What Cost? - 37 V 10). And as that version says it's in not usable in HoF format, it looks like that applies to all versions of AWC?.

HoFing A5A would be no different.

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]