Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which card is your Pack One, Pick One?

Archanis Dispute
7%
Becalmed
13%
Borts
No votes
0%
D'deridex
13%
Infinite Combinations
20%
Nevala
No votes
0%
Short Circuit
40%
Surgery Under Fire
No votes
0%
Tal'Aura, Impatient Senator
7%
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hey guys. So I love to draft. Kind of a lot. I draft all the time in paper Magic (whenever I have unopened boosters lying around) and online with MtG Arena. Although we have a draft format in Second Edition Star Trek CCG, it isn't played nearly enough. I'm hoping to run and play in more draft events in the coming months, but in the meantime, I'm introducing a new segment on the forums I'm going to run maybe a couple times a week. You may have seen something like this if you're a Magic player. Welcome to...

PACK ONE, PICK ONE

The scenario: You're playing in an Infinite Diversity Remastered draft. You already have the IDR set as your cardpool and you are opening and looking at your first pack of nine cards. Assume you haven't drafted your mission pack yet; you are judging these cards based on overall value instead of value to a specific mission set. You haven't chosen any headquarters yet as you don't have to make that choice until after the other cards are drafted.

Today's draft theme: Classic TNG
(Headquarters are Qo'noS, Heart of the Empire; Romulus, Seat of Power, Earth, Cradle of the Federation; and Ferenginar, Financial Hub)

Your Pack:
Archanis Dispute
Becalmed
Borts
D'deridex
Infinite Combinations
Nevala
Short Circuit
Surgery Under Fire
Tal'Aura, Impatient Senator

Which card is your first pick, and why? Select your pick in the poll, then (if you wish), leave an explanation in the comments. If you like these, we'll do more!

(Note: I'm generating these packs from the Virtual Pack Creator, not manually selecting cards, so these packs are random and representative of packs you might get in an actual Infinite Diversity draft. Therefore some packs may have easier first picks than others.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Definitely Short Circuit.

Bouncing wall? Yes please!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Armus wrote:Definitely Short Circuit.

Bouncing wall? Yes please!
Concur.

If Armus passed me that pack, I would pick Infinite Combinations next.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'd have a hard time not taking the D'deridex, as extra ships are invaluable. That would also help guide my draft towards Romulans, which is helpful because I tend to be scatterbrained when drafting. I want my P1P1 to help me stay on task.
 -  
Bumping this with a few hours left in the poll. Once it closes, I'll make a post with a little commentary, either tonight or after Masters. Then I'll do another one.
 -  
RESULTS

Short Circuit is the clear winner with 6 votes. They say the most important picks in draft are your dilemmas, so grabbing a decent all-stop space wall that returns to your pile when it hits is not a bad start.

Infinite Combinations came in second with 3 votes. This interrupt is a decent Security Drills-like skill gainer as well as an attribute booster, and with a few Holograms already in your pool, finding personnel of different species to pitch shouldn't be tough in any affiliation.

Becalmed had 2 votes. A nice dual dilemma in constructed that might not catch as many high-attribute personnel in draft.

D'Deridex also had 2 votes. Picking up a big ship first could be a nice way to signal the color you want, but the 7 range on this one may have kept it from placing higher.

Also getting a vote each: Archanis Dispute and Tal'Aura, Impatient Senator.

I hope you liked this! I should have another one soon. (After the weekend probably.)
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]