Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Is Evade Borg Vessel considered a [Bor] mission for purposes of Locutus, Implacable Scourge? The deck builder seems to think so but I'm not sure Rules would agree.

I guess the larger question is what constitutes a [Bor] nistrim? Is that actually defined anywhere?

Thanks.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
The deck builder thinks that a deck with Caretaker’s Array, Prevent Historical Disruption, and Ceti Alpha V qualifies as a triple-HQ deck, so I’d take what it thinks with a pinch of salt.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Is Evade Borg Vessel considered a [Bor] mission for purposes of Locutus, Implacable Scourge? The deck builder seems to think so but I'm not sure Rules would agree.

I guess the larger question is what constitutes a [Bor] nistrim? Is that actually defined anywhere?

Thanks.
Thematically it certainly should. But probably doesn't count. A shame too, because it has all sorts of juicy features: nebula, 4-span; in addition to being an awesome image.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Would there be a downside (apart from the labour required) to splitting all these “You may attempt this mission with your specific personnel...” into separate missions with the same name, but correct requirements and icons?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well in this particular case it'd change the mission into a [Bor] Mission if you did that, which isn't just cosmetic.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Would there be a downside (apart from the labour required) to splitting all these “You may attempt this mission with your specific personnel...” into separate missions with the same name, but correct requirements and icons?
Make it a flip mission!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:Well in this particular case it'd change the mission into a [Bor] Mission if you did that, which isn't just cosmetic.
Is that a downside?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:I would rule that it does not count even if it does seem thematic.
Forget thematic. What's the definition of " [Bor] mission"?

Is that term actually defined?

Does it have to look like Assimilate Starship?

Does it just have to contain the [Bor] icon? Would Investigate Alien Probe count?

I think the main issue is that the term " [Bor] mission" isn't defined.

This isn't limited to Locutus. Does Line of Defense work for [Fed] ships at Deep Space Station K-7?

Context matters, but I don't think context is actually defined anywhere.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:I would rule that it does not count even if it does seem thematic.
Gah! Modal mission confusion strikes again.

I would actually have ruled the other way on Evade Borg Vessel, though I draw the line at Investigate Alien Probe being considered a [Bor] mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
Gah! Modal mission confusion strikes again.

I would actually have ruled the other way on Evade Borg Vessel, though I draw the line at Investigate Alien Probe being considered a [Bor] mission.
And this is why we need clarification.

Somebody wake Amber up and get her some coffee. I hear that they have that in Seattle.... :wink:

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
Gorgo Primus wrote:Well in this particular case it'd change the mission into a [Bor] Mission if you did that, which isn't just cosmetic.
Is that a downside?
Yes? You’d effectively be making a brand new card with the same everything other than a change to its affiliation line outside of any expansion just because. No offensive, but I really don’t want two nearly identical missions with the same name (a bad first) floating around out of the blue based on whim.

The general understanding that to be an X mission it has to have that affiliation’s symbol on the affiliation line has to have come from somewhere, but I don’t remember where at the moment.
Last edited by Gorgo Primus on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I would agree with the assertion that to be a whatever mission it has to have the affiliation icon on the bottom line. The other requirements are alternate good or bad. :twocents: :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Gorgo Primus wrote:
Danny wrote:
Is that a downside?
Yes? You’d effectively be making a brand new card with the same everything other than a change to its affiliation line outside of any expansion just because. No offensive, but I really don’t want two nearly identical missions with the same name (a bad first) floating around out of the blue based on whim.

The general understanding that to be an X mission it has to have that affiliation’s symbol on the affiliation line has to have come from somewhere, but I don’t remember where at the moment.
Quantum Leap Errata Time:

I would errata all modal missions to two missions, each with the same title and different subtitles. The modal requirements would be the 2nd card.

For instance:

Evade Borg Vessel would become

•Paulson Nebula, Evade Borg Vessel
[AQ] 35
Astrometrics, Leadership, Navigation, Officer, and Cunning>36
Nebula.
"Should provide an effective screen against their sensors."
Any affiliation (except [Bor]) may attempt this mission.
Span 4
3 U 88

•Paulson Nebula, Hunt Starship
[AQ] 35
Astrometrics, Engineer, Physics, Security, and Cunning>34.
Nebula.
"Let Creative come up with some cool lore here."
[Bor]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: