Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:I'm not the rules department, but the following quote comes from the rulebook:
The Rulebook, page 12 wrote:All requirements on dilemmas and missions must be met, unless there is a
condition on doing so. For example: Personnel attempting a mission must
use their skills and attributes to complete the mission, unless an opponent’s
card has placed a cost on their use.
So if you can place an Exobiology or Medical personnel on the named planet, you must (unless Rules decides that placing a personnel on a planet counts as a "condition on doing so").
Thank you, Nathan. That's the point I've been trying to make the whole time.

And I don't think relocating is a condition, nor should it be. Let's see how it goes as written, and if it's too much of a cheese-battle enabler then we can reassess on the Errata side (though I'm not sure how it's any more enabling than, say, Arena).

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Armus wrote:Let's see how it goes as written, and if it's too much of a cheese-battle enabler then we can reassess on the Errata side (though I'm not sure how it's any more enabling than, say, Arena).
Personally I think cheese-battle (in the sense of Imperial Occupation and the like allowing several combats per turn) should be looked at anyway. I'm okay with Hippocratic Oath enabling something like Khan attribute reduction or single-use non-kill combats like Just Like Old Times.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah Strategic Tug-of-War is the main cheese enabler but any card that plays in core, allows you to initiate battle, then goes somewhere else shouldn't allow you to keep initiating battle IMO.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:I'm not the rules department, but the following quote comes from the rulebook:
The Rulebook, page 12 wrote:All requirements on dilemmas and missions must be met, unless there is a
condition on doing so. For example: Personnel attempting a mission must
use their skills and attributes to complete the mission, unless an opponent’s
card has placed a cost on their use.
So if you can place an Exobiology or Medical personnel on the named planet, you must (unless Rules decides that placing a personnel on a planet counts as a "condition on doing so").
Thank you, Nathan. That's the point I've been trying to make the whole time.

And I don't think relocating is a condition, nor should it be. Let's see how it goes as written, and if it's too much of a cheese-battle enabler then we can reassess on the Errata side (though I'm not sure how it's any more enabling than, say, Arena).
Thanks, this leaves no room for ANY interpretation discussions!

Of course it's better than Arena or Left Behind because the only requirement is one personnel with Exobiology or Medical - much easier to get it working than the attributes on Arena or the skills on Left Behind
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:Yeah Strategic Tug-of-War is the main cheese enabler but any card that plays in core, allows you to initiate battle, then goes somewhere else shouldn't allow you to keep initiating battle IMO.
As it is with Damage markers. Completely agree with you! Those card should also get the "Damage" keyword - yes, Damage a mission as often as you like, only ships are getting destroyed after their third Damage Marker - a little bit absurd but would do this trick :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Armus wrote:Yeah Strategic Tug-of-War is the main cheese enabler but any card that plays in core, allows you to initiate battle, then goes somewhere else shouldn't allow you to keep initiating battle IMO.
As it is with Damage markers. Completely agree with you! Those card should also get the "Damage" keyword - yes, Damage a mission as often as you like, only ships are getting destroyed after their third Damage Marker - a little bit absurd but would do this trick :cheersL:
Personally, I'd just add "If this card is in your core..." to the Order - text, so once it's on a mission the order ability blanks. That seems simpler.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, since I imagine this won't go through the 6-month "changing a card" process (cringe) before it releases -- though someone with executive authority should make that call -- and it's not obvious if errata will soon occur surrounding other aspects of that ~infinite battle combo, this card will be the choice way to isolate personnel for this deck in any form.

Compare this one dilemma to Greg's deck: he had to wait until someone was attempting planet and bury dilemmas; and mine: had to Set Up and infiltrator + attribute reduction. 1) playing this is far easier with little risk and no set up needed; and 2) it opens up this combo far more to any affiliation.

I feel like if you just made the battle cards once per turn, it would solve the issue. Hopefully that 6-month "changing a card" process has already been initiated.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this thread a necro bump since it's come up again and the Hippocratic Oath question was clearly answered.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !