Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was looking at im a doctor not a brickayer and noticed the words he or she, does this mean gender will now matter in 2e? This would be a major change.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I don't think so. And I sure as hell hope not.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:This isn't new, and you shouldn't worry about it. :wink:
You need the permanent link, so that you get the actual search. As it is you get a search on blank parameters, which lists every card in the game (or, rather, the first 100).

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh. I don't know how to do that. Well, just put "he or she" in the 'Game Text' box to see the horde of em we have.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ethan 1199 wrote:Normally its phrased they, not he or she.
No running a search for "he or she" in game text reveals that among the first 100 results are cards from the 1st to the 43rd sets. If the target is singular, it gets the "he or she" treatment.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
One of the first style guide things I was taught when I joined the 1e department was that 1e uses singular "they" but 2e uses "he or she". I think this includes the rulebooks as well.

My understanding is that, in the early 2000s, using "he or she" was considered the inclusive option in the editing mainstream, so 2e adopted it... but, here at the end of the 2010s, opinion has shifted and the editing mainstream now holds that singular "they" is far preferable. Good news for 1e, bad news for 2e, although we shall see whether opinion shifts again in a few years.

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]