Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Suppose the following:

My opponent is attempting a mission and I throw Arresting Display.

My opponent cannot meet the requirements, so he plays Central Command.

I prevent the interrupt, maybe with Our Death is Glory to the Founders or Reprimand.

How does this resolve?

My guess: Because my opponent could not meet the requirements of the dilemma, all his personnel are stopped. Because his Central Command was prevented, Arresting Display goes into his core.

Is this correct?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
eberlems wrote:iirc a card that was prevented does not count as played, but cost still needs to be payed.
Thus everyone stopped and dilemma consumed.
This is my interpretation.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Devil's advocate: When an interrupt or event is prevented, aren't you just preventing the action said interrupt/event would have initiated? Wouldn't the interrupt/event still have been played, thus triggering the second part of Arresting Display's text?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:Devil's advocate: When an interrupt or event is prevented, aren't you just preventing the action said interrupt/event would have initiated? Wouldn't the interrupt/event still have been played, thus triggering the second part of Arresting Display's text?
The B\'omar Sovereignty precedent confirms the above takes. The Devil is wrong on this one. :evil:

Please don't make me go pull my nerd rant, Rick, it will just make me nerd-angry all over again. :P

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:Devil's advocate: When an interrupt or event is prevented, aren't you just preventing the action said interrupt/event would have initiated? Wouldn't the interrupt/event still have been played, thus triggering the second part of Arresting Display's text?
The B\'omar Sovereignty precedent confirms the above takes. The Devil is wrong on this one. :evil:

Please don't make me go pull my nerd rant, Rick, it will just make me nerd-angry all over again. :P
Yeah I forgot about that ruling. The above are correct. Thanks for the reminder.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So just to put a bow on it:

Arresting Display is encountered. Attempting player can't pass requirements; all of the personnel in the attempt are stopped.

Attempting player plays The Central Command to prevent (presumably) enough people from getting stopped to solve the mission.

Non-attempting player prevents The Central Command.

All of the attempting personnel are still stopped. Arresting Display is overcome because the "played an interrupt while facing this dilemma" text did NOT trigger because the Central Command was prevented and thus not actually played.

I miss anything?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:So just to put a bow on it:

Arresting Display is encountered. Attempting player can't pass requirements; all of the personnel in the attempt are stopped.

Attempting player plays The Central Command to prevent (presumably) enough people from getting stopped to solve the mission.

Non-attempting player prevents The Central Command.

All of the attempting personnel are still stopped. Arresting Display is overcome because the "played an interrupt while facing this dilemma" text did NOT trigger because the Central Command was prevented and thus not actually played.

I miss anything?
Yes, that makes sense.

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]