Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings fellow 2e players, and Happy New Year!

It's time. The process of determining the Hall of Fame class of 2020 has officially begun! The goal is to have the new class enshrined by the end of February so we're good to go for the Competitive season this year!

Everyone gets three (3) nominations. No need to nominate a card that's already been nominated. I'll be updating this post with the master list as new nominations come in. Also, in the interest of reaching out to a broader player base, anyone who doesn't frequent the boards can PM me their nominations. I'll ask Austin to cross-post this on Facebook, Twitter, and Discord since I'm not a member of those communities.

Deadline: 10pm EST Friday, January 31st.

Qualifications: All sets that released up until the end of 2010. All Decipher sets, Undiscovered Country, Favor the Bold, Raise the Stakes, This Side of Paradise, Legacy, Allegiance, and...

Sets eligible for the first time:

Infinite Diversity: https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?id=137
This includes Infinite Diversity Remastered since it's all the same cards.
Peak Performance: https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?id=140
Tell me you haven't been eagerly waiting for your shot at this one... :shifty:

Also, the promo cards Indebtedness and Jean-Luc Picard, Genial Captain are eligible this year, as are all other unique promo cards released earlier.

After the ballot is released and voting complete, cards that receive 65% or more "Yes" votes are inducted into the HoF and retired.

For reference, here is the current HoF:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34809

Current nominations:
Polywater Intoxication
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
Alvera Tree Ritual
Emergency Transport Unit
Unexpected Difficulties
Escape
Jonathan Archer, Damaged Captain
Amaros, Freedom Fighter
Back to Basics
Necessary Execution
Bridge Officer's Test
Outmatched
Chula: The Chandra
Chula: The Dice
Morik
Lustful Distraction
Unrelenting
Enterprise, Damaged Starship
In Development
Trellium-D
Dukat, Cardassian Representative
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Data, Lucasian Chair
William T. Riker, Exchange Officer
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Mila, Trusted Confidante
Lore, The One
Shankar, Maquis Soldier
Holding Cell
Vault of Tomorrow
At An Impasse
Well-Prepared Defenses
Hindrance
Timescape
Amnesty Talks
Geological Survey
Point Blank Strike
U.S.S. Enterprise-J
Covenant
Destroy Transwarp Hub
A Sight for Sore Eyes
Feldomite Rush
Avert Danger
Acquire Illicit Explosives
William Ross, "Temporary" Ally
Bird-of-Prey
NX-Prototype
Eliminate Harvesters
Investigate Massacre
Host Metaphasic Shielding Test
Healing Hand
Pitching In
Honorable pursuit
Brunt, FCA Liquidator
Energize
Guinan, Listener
Ptol
Leonard H. McCoy, Remarkable Man
Brute Force
Davies
U.S.S. Excelsior
Biogenic Weapon
Luther Sloan
D\'deridex advanced
Feast on the dying
Annexation Drone
Deliver Evidence
Elim Garak, Crafty Underling
Tsiolkovsky Infection
Whisper In the Dark
Infinite Diversity
Endangered
Gal Gath\'thong
Ensnared
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'll stick with my two of my three unofficial First Ballot Nominations from last year:

Jonathan Archer, Damaged Captain
Amaros, Freedom Fighter... seriously, fuck that guy.

My third unofficial nomination was originally Lawnmower Dukat, and I think he still deserves consideration, but my HoF experience last year has led me in a different direction. For my third nomination I'm going with Back to Basics. It's time to make the discard pile mean something again.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
My understanding is that Hall of Fame is supposed to be more than just a list of cards we hate - otherwise it would just be a ban-list that we're unwilling to call a ban list. Hall of Fame is supposed to retire cards that are so ubiquitous that they have tended to become crutches. Hall of Fame is supposed to shake up the meta and challenge players - even open up design space on occasion. With that in mind, I nominate:

Unexpected Difficulties from Energize
Necessary Execution from Captain's Log
Bridge Officer's Test from Raise the Stakes

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote:My understanding is that Hall of Fame is supposed to be more than just a list of cards we hate - otherwise it would just be a ban-list that we're unwilling to call a ban list. Hall of Fame is supposed to retire cards that are so ubiquitous that they have tended to become crutches. Hall of Fame is supposed to shake up the meta and challenge players - even open up design space on occasion. With that in mind, I nominate:

HoF is what the community makes it. I'm not in the business of questioning people's motivations for why they're nominating a certain card. It's the votes that decide who has the good ideas.

Also, UD has already been nominated. Do you have another card you'd like to put up?

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for setting this up Brian.

I nominate three cards from Peak Performance: Lustful Distraction, Unrelenting and Enterprise, Damaged Starship.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:
The Prefect wrote:My understanding is that Hall of Fame is supposed to be more than just a list of cards we hate - otherwise it would just be a ban-list that we're unwilling to call a ban list. Hall of Fame is supposed to retire cards that are so ubiquitous that they have tended to become crutches. Hall of Fame is supposed to shake up the meta and challenge players - even open up design space on occasion. With that in mind, I nominate:

HoF is what the community makes it. I'm not in the business of questioning people's motivations for why they're nominating a certain card. It's the votes that decide who has the good ideas.

Also, UD has already been nominated. Do you have another card you'd like to put up?
I'm just making my case for why I picked the cards I picked, which I think I'm entitled to do. And, I'm not questioning anyone's motivations. I'm stating mine.

Thanks for pointing out the duplicate nomination. Yes, I would like to nominate:
Outmatched

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote: I'm just making my case for why I picked the cards I picked, which I think I'm entitled to do. And, I'm not questioning anyone's motivations. I'm stating mine.
Absolutely you're free to state your case.

I read your post as you thinking the previous nominations were hate-lists (though if you've ever played against Neil's Maquis decks, you'd understand my hate-on for that Amaros) and you were "doing it right" with your nominations.

My apologies if I read too much into it and saw something that wasn't there. :oops:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Also I did this last year and think it's worth bringing back. Here's the list of cards that were nominated last year but did not meet the threshold to get inducted. Feel free to choose from this list if you're looking for ideas. I'll keep it updated as cards are nominated.

Geological Survey
Feldomite Rush
Prejudice and Politics
Shankar, Maquis Soldier
Leonard H. McCoy, Remarkable Man
Leonard H. McCoy, Chief Medical Officer
Emergency Transport Unit
Avert Danger
Chula: The Chandra
Escape
Unexpected Difficulties
Rule of Acquisition #141
Energize
Guinan, Listener
Ptol
Data, Lucasian Chair
Tal, Alert Subcommander
Investigate Sighting
Biogenic Weapon
Alexander Rozhenko, K'mtar
Ezri Tigan
Gal Gath'thong
Acquire Illicit Explosives
Deliver Ancient Artifact
Polywater Intoxication
Rogue Borg Ambush
Necessary Execution
Party Atmosphere
Morik
Bird-of-Prey
Wolf 359, Assimilate Resistance
Transport Delegations
Vault of Tomorrow
Well-Prepared Defenses
At An Impasse

Tsiolkovsky Infection
Bridge Officer's Test
Mila, Trusted Confidante
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
Plot Invasion
Evacuate Colony
Amnesty Talks
Whisper in the Dark
The Promise
K'Tal, High Council Member
Annexation Drone
Observation Drone
The Last Outpost
Deliver Evidence
Enabran Tain, "Retired" Spymaster
Commandeer Prototype
Deliver Supplies
Miner Revolt
Krim, Thoughtful Tactician
Mining Survey
Timescape
Stripped Down
Sylvia
Coordinated Counterattack
Kira Nerys, Iliana Ghemor
Salvage Borg Ship
Grish
Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Marla Gilmore, Conflicted Engineer
Lore, Brother and Son
Infestation
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:
The Prefect wrote: I'm just making my case for why I picked the cards I picked, which I think I'm entitled to do. And, I'm not questioning anyone's motivations. I'm stating mine.
Absolutely you're free to state your case.

I read your post as you thinking the previous nominations were hate-lists (though if you've ever played against Neil's Maquis decks, you'd understand my hate-on for that Amaros) and you were "doing it right" with your nominations.

My apologies if I read too much into it and saw something that wasn't there. :oops:
No worries. I see how it could be read that way, but it wasn't my intention.

And, for the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with nominating cards that tend to cause NPE - HoF can certainly be one way to address those kinds of cards. I just don't think HoF should be only that. I don't think any of my nominated cards fall into the NPE category; but I do think they've become crutches in the meta, and I think HoF should address that too. That's why I nominated them.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:Hall of Fame is supposed to retire cards that are so ubiquitous that they have tended to become crutches. Hall of Fame is supposed to shake up the meta and challenge players - even open up design space on occasion.

I believe that is exactly why KillerB created HoF. Btw, where is KillerB?
Last edited by Big Borg on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gotta love how much this format gets when 2E Really needs a format like 1E OTF and not have to wait 5+ years to ban dumb cards that ruin this game! #Localformatsrule #Longlive2Elocals

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote:Gotta love how much this format gets when 2E Really needs a format like 1E OTF and not have to wait 5+ years to ban dumb cards that ruin this game! #Localformatsrule #Longlive2Elocals
Hey man, you got a homebrew format that's working for you, good on ya!

No need to hate. If HoF isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. You do you.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]