Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

-  
I’m interested in collecting the Star Trek CCG as I’ve collected the LotR:TCG and SW:CCG from Decipher. I’m trying to decide if I should collect 1e or 2e. From browsing eBay it seems like it would cost roughly the same to collect either. My question isn’t which is better; as that’s too subjective. My question is: which edition covers all the shows/movies more completely? Do both fully cover TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, and all 10 films? For the time being I’m not counting virtual cards.

Also, I was not sure where to post this. If this area is not appropriate, feel free to move it!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Scotthx1138 wrote:I’m interested in collecting the Star Trek CCG as I’ve collected the LotR:TCG and SW:CCG from Decipher. I’m trying to decide if I should collect 1e or 2e. From browsing eBay it seems like it would cost roughly the same to collect either. My question isn’t which is better; as that’s too subjective. My question is: which edition covers all the shows/movies more completely? Do both fully cover TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, and all 10 films? For the time being I’m not counting virtual cards.

Also, I was not sure where to post this. If this area is not appropriate, feel free to move it!
1e was around a lot longer and they had sets dedicated to all of the properties.

So if you're looking for Trek coverage and "essence" I'd recommend collecting 1e.

:twocents:

Good luck! :cheersL:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
If you’re looking for a tiebreaker, 1E also covers non-canon sources, like the Borg “counterparts” and ships from computer games.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Speaking as an absolute 1e partisan here, this is one area where I think 2e had an edge. 1e lived longer, but its rights to the properties came in fits and starts. There was that bizarre license situation with TOS for a while there where every card they did had to be sourced from "Trials and Tribbleations", which greatly narrowed the breadth of source material in the 1e physical cards. 2e had them all baked in front the start.

In the starkest example of the consequences of this, there are 18 total physical 1e cards from ENT (the game had already been cancelled by the time ENT cards were practical), and it was the final physical set. 2e, by contrast, had ENT baked in from the start. As an ENT fan, one reason I bothered with 2e for as long as I did (and I did try!) Is that it was the only game where I could get good ENT stories on cards.

Virtual cards have done much to remedy this, of course.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]