Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Thanks Armus for the long explanation.
If it would say: "Randomly select a personnel who costs 5 or more and stop that personnel." I would agree.
Well fortunately (unfortunately?) this is the only card in the game where there's a random selection component, a stop component, and an "if you cannot" clause. The only other two cards with similar language, Drumhead and Unorthodox Recruitment, both involve a random selection component and a discard component. However, if in either of those cases, the discard was somehow prevented (e.g., with Arik Soong or the recently released Borg Nanoprobes), I would argue that the "if you cannot" text in those two dilemmas would also kick in and the crew/away team would be stopped.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
eberlems wrote:Thanks Armus for the long explanation.
If it would say: "Randomly select a personnel who costs 5 or more and stop that personnel." I would agree.
Well fortunately (unfortunately?) this is the only card in the game where there's a random selection component, a stop component, and an "if you cannot" clause. The only other two cards with similar language, Drumhead and Unorthodox Recruitment, both involve a random selection component and a discard component. However, if in either of those cases, the discard was somehow prevented (e.g., with Arik Soong or the recently released Borg Nanoprobes), I would argue that the "if you cannot" text in those two dilemmas would also kick in and the crew/away team would be stopped.
And with those two, Lore's unfriendly ability does not kick in so this whole discussion gets bypassed. Many times I have found lore's unstoppable nature to be a hinderance rather then a help. Fritz got tired of me stopping folks and using lore to slap damage cards on his ships
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35