Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was looking at an achievement for a Maquis deck that uses Altos IV and a majority of federation personnel and ships with no Maquis personnel or ships. I noticed that the achievement Unruly Haven now has a line through it and was advised that the errata for Altos IV may have made this achievement no longer available to earn.

So before I start looking to see if I can build this deck the question I have is this achievement still available or did the errata make this deck no longer viable.

Thanks in advance.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Warrior50 wrote:I was looking at an achievement for a Maquis deck that uses Altos IV and a majority of federation personnel and ships with no Maquis personnel or ships. I noticed that the achievement Unruly Haven now has a line through it and was advised that the errata for Altos IV may have made this achievement no longer available to earn.

So before I start looking to see if I can build this deck the question I have is this achievement still available or did the errata make this deck no longer viable.

Thanks in advance.
I think you can technically still do it but it would require a Majority of unplayable [Fed] personnel, plus some Nonaligned people and ships to actually go do missions.

In practical terms, it's a dead letter achievement, though you're welcome to prove me wrong.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think its doable, difficult but doable. Use Androids/Holograms as your micro-attempting group. Run various interupts and events that have you discard from hand to get rid of the extra fed folks you are using for the achievement, and find one heck of a dilemma pile to buy you time

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:Martin,
Sean went into a very long, elaborate example of how to achieve this in his reply to your Facebook post.
Can we get a crosspost here? I don't do Facebook but would love to read that.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Sean went into a very long, elaborate example of how to achieve this in his reply to your Facebook post.
Ditto, I have a prototype deck going on using NA, with the achievemant mandated cards being fuel for various other things that are discard cards based.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote:
Here is the link to the Facebook post with Sean's considerable effort explanation on how to achieve this. After you get to the post, click on "more comments" and then when you see Sean't post, click on "more".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435395393159427/

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:Thanks for posting the link, Rick, but if we don’t have a FB login, we can’t see it.
This.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Oh. Okay. Here's the cut and paste version.

Sean O'Reilly: Here's how you can still do this achievement:
You must use Athos IV as your headquarters and one of your planet missions must be a non-headquarters Earth.
If you have two Diplomacy personnel on Athos IV (probably Non-Aligned), you can use Interstellar Treaty to play a [TOS] personnel with Diplomacy costing 3 or less on Athos IV (there are 15 such personnel). This is the one way to get a [TOS] personnel into play without using the [TOS] headquarters.
If you command a [TOS] personnel you can then play U.S.S. Enterprise, Earth's Savior and U.S.S. Reliant, Searching for Lifeless Planets at your non-headquarters Earth.
Clark Terrell can play aboard your U.S.S. Reliant (either Federation or Non-Aligned).

The following personnel can play aboard a [TOS] ship:
Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer
Jadzia Dax, Communications Staffer
Julian Bashir, Medical Staffer
Miles O'Brien, Engineering Staffer
Odo, Vigilant Staffer
Tuvok, Stolid Ensign
Worf, Clandestine Staffer
Spock, Experienced Officer may play aboard a [TOS] if there is a 4-cost [TOS] personnel aboard.

Using Captain on the Bridge you can report the following personnel directly to the U.S.S. Enterprise, Earth's Savior as cost -1:
Christopher Pike, Bold Commander
James T. Kirk, Experienced Commander (4 cost)
James T. Kirk, Highly-Decorated Captain
James T. Kirk, Original Thinker (5 cost)
Spock, Trainee Instructor
Willard Decker, Recommended Replacement (4 cost)

Using Captain on the Bridge you can report Clark Terrell at cost -1 directly to U.S.S. Reliant.
Obviously, you need to include 3 copies of Interstellar Treaty in your deck and multiple Non-Aligned personnel with Diplomacy, you could make this deck work. You just need to have 51% percent of your ships and personnel be Federation. The rest can be Non-Aligned (or Bajoran in the case of Odo).

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Warrior50 wrote:Thanks for the response all.

I got Sean's response and may look at this achievement again this summer.

I found a different achievement with the Maquis to work on.

Again thanks for the answers and help.
I am working on a different style for this achievement as well. But I do like Sean's approach and honestly is the easier approach

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.