Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 188 posts

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Neelix wrote:
I, too, hope our group can come to Texas someday soon!

And I was talking about Ross getting let go from the position at hand - not you getting let go from your position. I don't think you're still mad about that.
Apologies, I'm a narcissist. Nerd correction: Ross resigned. It's a luxury I wished I was offered (not mad, just saying. The new Errata Czar asked for the same treatment, and I'm that situation was the reason why).

*edit* sorry again, Sykes beat me to the nerd correction*

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Latok wrote: What open forum then?
By forum I means any space, not the Forums. Bad choice in words. I means whatever video conference platform the CC uses.

Zoom cost money. I'll pay the CCs yearly bill to have a Bajoran Jalada Forum where people can talk freely about how they feel about 2E.
Yeah I was hoping you had something better than a video call, there's not a lot that is less 'open forum' than that.
Texas is too far down the calender, but I'm sure Ben would welcome anyone into his home for an actual Council of Anger.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Latok wrote: Yeah I was hoping you had something better than a video call, there's not a lot that is less 'open forum' than that.
Texas is too far down the calender, but I'm sure Ben would welcome anyone into his home for an actual Council of Anger.
Yeah if you can get out here we can all sign the Camp ManAss Accords

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Neelix wrote:
KillerB wrote: I've never had a bad thought about Scott in my life, and I'm quite in touch with my dark side. Nonetheless, the most likable guy coming back after 2 years and getting the job would seem like the status quo.

I watched interviews until 4:30 am last night, because I'm a sick pup. I saw two status quo candidates and two progressive ones. I support either of the latter.
Am I status quo? Or am I status quo from 2 years ago when things were arguably better - from a player engagement stand-point anyway? I assure y'all I'm more than just "here" I'm passionate about making the game great and keeping it alive. Right now, the game is on life support, and part of that reason is all the goings-on here on the message boards. I don't think there's anything productive (or progressive) to be done by engaging in rehashing more of this stuff on the message boards. I've got better things to do than try to argue over who got let go from what position and why. Also, I was only gone for 18 months and I'd really have rather been more involved with the committee at that time. But real life is important. It's much more important than this or any other game. I think the major problems of all the personality conflicts behind the scenes that spill out into almost EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this board is that too many people have lost sight of the space games should occupy in their lives. As to why I should get the job - I want the game to grow and I want the game to survive for years to come. I elaborate on this in my video about why I feel Trek CCG is a huge part of my personal relationships and how a recent loss has made it where I realize it is a huge part of many other people's relationships, too. And I want the game to thrive in the face-to-face interactions that John was talking about earlier in this thread. John you were absolutely right about that - and hey, you're often right about a lot of things. I hope my comments about Organized Play and the desire to set up a series of events to re-engage lapsed players are enough to show y'all that I'm serious about how this game CAN be about relationships and spending time with those who are important to you just as much as it can be about spaceships and planets. We just need to all work together to "realign the warp coils" as it were and right the ship by focusing not on past mistakes or grievances and focusing on having FUN with it again. That's what I'm here to do as 2E's "top guy" and "morale officer" which - should I get the job - is more what I have in mind just like my message board namesake.
I formally retract my statement about “disqualifying” now that you’ve actually engaged.

As far as I can tell, you and I basically agree about what’s gone wrong around here about “2E culture”. But the difference is, you want to look forward not backward, which I understand, but I think is misguided—some people still have open wounds that need to be healed through reconciliation.

You’re offering us rainbows and unicorns and cupcakes, but I insist we have some salt with that sweetness. If you get the job, I suspect you will find the job of Nerd Peacemaker to be impossible without making someone somewhere feel bad.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
bhosp wrote: You’re offering us rainbows and unicorns and cupcakes, but I insist we have some salt with that sweetness. If you get the job, I suspect you will find the job of Nerd Peacemaker to be impossible without making someone somewhere feel bad.
These aren't compatible.

You can have reconciliation, or can make people feel bad.

That's not to say reconciliation isn't difficult. It's not even guaranteed to succeed. For example, I've tried to start a process to reconcile one forum conflict here. Time will tell if it succeeds, and it may not. It will take effort from both of us. But, one way to be sure to make it feel would be if one of us tried to make the other "feel bad."

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
bhosp wrote:
Neelix wrote:
KillerB wrote: I've never had a bad thought about Scott in my life, and I'm quite in touch with my dark side. Nonetheless, the most likable guy coming back after 2 years and getting the job would seem like the status quo.

I watched interviews until 4:30 am last night, because I'm a sick pup. I saw two status quo candidates and two progressive ones. I support either of the latter.
Am I status quo? Or am I status quo from 2 years ago when things were arguably better - from a player engagement stand-point anyway? I assure y'all I'm more than just "here" I'm passionate about making the game great and keeping it alive. Right now, the game is on life support, and part of that reason is all the goings-on here on the message boards. I don't think there's anything productive (or progressive) to be done by engaging in rehashing more of this stuff on the message boards. I've got better things to do than try to argue over who got let go from what position and why. Also, I was only gone for 18 months and I'd really have rather been more involved with the committee at that time. But real life is important. It's much more important than this or any other game. I think the major problems of all the personality conflicts behind the scenes that spill out into almost EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this board is that too many people have lost sight of the space games should occupy in their lives. As to why I should get the job - I want the game to grow and I want the game to survive for years to come. I elaborate on this in my video about why I feel Trek CCG is a huge part of my personal relationships and how a recent loss has made it where I realize it is a huge part of many other people's relationships, too. And I want the game to thrive in the face-to-face interactions that John was talking about earlier in this thread. John you were absolutely right about that - and hey, you're often right about a lot of things. I hope my comments about Organized Play and the desire to set up a series of events to re-engage lapsed players are enough to show y'all that I'm serious about how this game CAN be about relationships and spending time with those who are important to you just as much as it can be about spaceships and planets. We just need to all work together to "realign the warp coils" as it were and right the ship by focusing not on past mistakes or grievances and focusing on having FUN with it again. That's what I'm here to do as 2E's "top guy" and "morale officer" which - should I get the job - is more what I have in mind just like my message board namesake.
I formally retract my statement about “disqualifying” now that you’ve actually engaged.

As far as I can tell, you and I basically agree about what’s gone wrong around here about “2E culture”. But the difference is, you want to look forward not backward, which I understand, but I think is misguided—some people still have open wounds that need to be healed through reconciliation.

You’re offering us rainbows and unicorns and cupcakes, but I insist we have some salt with that sweetness. If you get the job, I suspect you will find the job of Nerd Peacemaker to be impossible without making someone somewhere feel bad.
It's all good, man. I knew you weren't REALLY wanting me DQ'd. That would be way too boring. Part of it is that I don't frequent the message boards much any more due to the negativity, but also - message boards as a format seem played out to me. I wonder why we don't have as much discussion on Facebook or even the Discord sometimes. This isn't a complaint per se, I really do wonder why we aren't moving more to that format when it seems the rest of the world already has.

And yes, I know I can't move on without making a few people upset. That's the way human beings are by nature. But we CAN move on while focusing on the positive and not focusing on the negative. We shouldn't pretend the negative doesn't exist, though.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
bhosp wrote: You’re offering us rainbows and unicorns and cupcakes, but I insist we have some salt with that sweetness. If you get the job, I suspect you will find the job of Nerd Peacemaker to be impossible without making someone somewhere feel bad.
These aren't compatible.

You can have reconciliation, or can make people feel bad.

That's not to say reconciliation isn't difficult. It's not even guaranteed to succeed. For example, I've tried to start a process to reconcile one forum conflict here. Time will tell if it succeeds, and it may not. It will take effort from both of us. But, one way to be sure to make it feel would be if one of us tried to make the other "feel bad."
Yes that is what I meant. Thank you for translating “it’ll make you feel bad” to “it’s difficult”. Sometimes I don’t so good much when I make the words.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
The only reconciliation we need, to keep the peace on the 2E boards (the CC Board is responsible for any PoR & Mod problems), is a new Director that will treat everyone as adults (except the actual kids, they can just do what they're told).

Let's remember, we're not trying to make an utopia here, we're just trying to create peace. Everyone doesn't need to hold hands, or even be happy, they just need to know there are fair people in charge and they will be treated fairly, even if they act of out anger sometimes.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]