Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Who should be the next 2E Director?

Ben
1%
Mike
44%
Nick
43%
Scott
12%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
KillerB wrote:I said 2E! Not make these knuckleheads the CC Board.
Good point, well made. I retract my previous statement.
KillerB wrote:THE SKY IS BLUE Danny.
I’m afraid I don’t get the reference. Are you having a breakdown?

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
KillerB wrote:
nickyank wrote: Even though I'm not currently winning, it does give the committee an idea of what the players want; that's not a bad thing.
You got 2 out of 4 votes from the Corbett Family. Worlds in Orlando secured you Connor's support.
Only 2? Why didn't you vote for me?!?
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:All I've learned from this is that we have 4 quality candidates and 2E is disorganized behind-the-scenes and toxic (but improving) on the boards.

So with an open heart I suggest another proposal: Fire everyone in 2E and put these 4 men in a room and start a new 2E structure. Let them decide who has what job.
Yes! Cancel everything and do this!

Hope they can work together.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Naetor wrote:
KillerB wrote:All I've learned from this is that we have 4 quality candidates and 2E is disorganized behind-the-scenes and toxic (but improving) on the boards.

So with an open heart I suggest another proposal: Fire everyone in 2E and put these 4 men in a room and start a new 2E structure. Let them decide who has what job.
This.
The one thing I would add is someone with a lot of online play experience - like Greg.
Then I want to add someone with a lot of real life event making experience.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:
KillerB wrote:
nickyank wrote: Even though I'm not currently winning, it does give the committee an idea of what the players want; that's not a bad thing.
You got 2 out of 4 votes from the Corbett Family. Worlds in Orlando secured you Connor's support.
Only 2? Why didn't you vote for me?!?
I didn't say whom I voted for, but crying for votes won't get my support. 8)

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:
KillerB wrote:THE SKY IS BLUE Danny.
I’m afraid I don’t get the reference. Are you having a breakdown?

It means some people will dispute anything I say. Shit, even Nasty Nate judged this one on the merits.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Fritzinger wrote: Yes! Cancel everything and do this!

Hope they can work together.
Oh no.... I've entered cancel culture. I've become what I swore to destory.... :wink:
I mean I guess you've stood a few times that mostly the game is fine. But the emotion I think I read in your posts is often "burn it down and start over".

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
KillerB wrote:I didn't say whom I voted for, but crying for votes won't get my support. 8)
As long as I got the Cameron/Connor votes I'm happy, especially as your youngest owned me in Texas! I know your man Ben will have your vote

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:
I mean I guess you've stood a few times that mostly the game is fine. But the emotion I think I read in your posts is often "burn it down and start over".
Once again, the game (Itself) is fine (for now). I don't want to burn it all down, but I want a 2E Director that is going to do an overhaul.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote: I know your man Ben will have your vote
Incorrect. Ben got Brandy's vote. Now you have the Curse of the KillerB vote...

You did a good job when you had it. You fucked up, you apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again. I hope the Conclave chooses competence and redemption.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
To those that have voted for me in this non-binding poll, thanks for your support!

To everyone who has voted for any of the candidates, thanks for making your voices heard!

This is too important for the future of the game to remain silent, and I am sure the Selection Committee is watching (non-binding doesn't mean unimportant).

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
This is an important poll. It may not be official, but I agree with Mike that the powers that be are probably paying attention. Kudos to BHosp for starting the thread. :cheersL:

Choosing a new 2E director is an incredibly important decision that should not be taken lightly by the community. The new director should be actively involved in the forums, possess experience (professional, continuing committee, etc), and demonstrate unparalleled sportsmanship. In my opinion, Mike possesses all of these qualities and has my straw poll vote. Based on what I've seen, he is actively involved behind the scenes and does not shy away from engaging others in healthy conversation on the forums. He also handles unhealthy/ toxic challenges to his opinions with a Picard like panache. Seriously, the guy has at least 2 diplomacy (3 with security drills [Fed] )! Sorry Mike, I meant Enemy of my Enemy! [Car] Mike's experience in management and volunteering speaks for itself. Furthermore, Mike has been one of the most gracious tournament directors/ hosts I've encountered. Look at Charlie's article for candidates on the front page and judge the resumes for yourselves.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted Ben.

Why is he so unpopular?

Would really like it if Ben himself answers this too. I feel like this is important information for people that are quite new to forum politics like myself.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:I voted Ben.

Why is he so unpopular?
I don't think it's that he's unpopular, just the people feel other candidates are better suited for the position.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]