Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Who should be the next 2E Director?

Ben
1%
Mike
44%
Nick
43%
Scott
12%

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
For what it is worth, I am supporting The Prefect.

I have always liked the way he puts across his POV, I like his ambition for the game,he has worked in design and as a TD, and has a fine temperament.

I am sure whomever is selected will do a great job, the pool of talent is deep.

Cheers

Honest

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:I voted Ben.

Why is he so unpopular?

Would really like it if Ben himself answers this too. I feel like this is important information for people that are quite new to forum politics like myself.
It was closer yesterday, then Mike started to pull ahead, and people switched from me to Nick because they didn’t want it to look like it was Mike with no clear alternative. I suspected something like that might happen (although I didn’t know who in particular would be in the various roles), which is why I left people the option to change their votes.

It doesn’t hurt my feelings to see that happen; Nick’s my second choice too.

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Russian National Second Runner-Up 2016
All four are quality candidates, and I'm sure all of them will perform better than their predecessor. Personnaly, my vote goes to Nick, whatever it matters. He has my full support. Lately, I'm thinking about returning to the game, and having someone competent at the helm of 2E increases that chance. Also, I wanted to point out how community involvement had grown since Ross appointment. You should be proud about it.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Cersan wrote:All four are quality candidates, and I'm sure all of them will perform better than their predecessor. Personnaly, my vote goes to Nick, whatever it matters. He has my full support. Lately, I'm thinking about returning to the game, and having someone competent at the helm of 2E increases that chance. Also, I wanted to point out how community involvement had grown since Ross appointment. You should be proud about it.
I was very surprised nobody from your part of the world applied for the position; I was certain the fourth horseman would have been you or one of your playgroup, and was very surprised when it was revealed to be Scott

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:I was very surprised nobody from your part of the world applied for the position; I was certain the fourth horseman would have been you or one of your playgroup, and was very surprised when it was revealed to be Scott
It is not suprising that no applications from our region being submited. Trek CCG is pretty much dead here in Russia, with only Alexey participating in CC activities. It was a cumulative effect of Rossgate, awful Nth Degree, overal weariness with the game and other personal life stuff. I watch new cards and read forum out of the habbit mostly.

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Cersan wrote: Nth Degree
Yours was the only group I saw discussing such disappointment with that set. I’ve always been curious why that set in particular irked you. And do you think there have been any bad long term effects?
I do not want to hijack this thread. To be short it was a complete lack of treksense in many cards. Our playgroup consisted of hardcore trekkies and it was a big deal for us. I even had a talk about it with Matt Kirk, he said that he raised concerns about it, but was dissmissed.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Cersan wrote:To be short it was a complete lack of treksense in many cards. Our playgroup consisted of hardcore trekkies and it was a big deal for us.
This is a legitimate criticism. I'll admit to probably saying something like "This (2E) isn't 1E, gameplay is more important than trek sense" during a design process.

Sorry if hurt business. It's hard to appease hardcore trekkies and hardcore 2E CCG players (like some designers).

Looking over the set, there are quite a number of cards that see a lot of play (from my point of view), including last weekend with Aceton Assimilators, Dereliction of Duty, Keevan, Universal Translator, and Reginald Barclay, Exceeding Limits. Making the most useful cards was Priority #1 with The Process. I don't recall (probably 3 years ago) what discussion we (Matt, Ross and myself) had about 'treksense', but perhaps we could've done a better job with the creative side of the cards.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:I changed my vote tactically and it was not to sabotage mike. I would have no problem supporting Ben.
I actually did the same, despite my fondness for needling the Corbett Cabal.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Thanks to whatever #NeverNick dead-ender kept their vote on me. Now if THE CABAL picks Mike we can complain about Nick’s one Faithless Elector whenever Mike screws up.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I just received evidence that if we count the provisional ballots cast by banned people, this election would have be a tie.

DO NOT ALLOW THE MOD TEAM VOTER PURGE TO WORK. CABAL SUPERDELEGATES MUST OPPOSE MIKE

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Important evidence has just come to light!

The one guy who voted for Hosp was Qanon!

Draw your own conclusions.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

With all these threads running wild I am getting confused. Who is deciding on the director now?

A public vote or this "selection committee"?

If so who is on that selection panel? In this mess I couldn't find any of this information...

:?
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]