Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 148 posts

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:Charlie's choices for the selection panel remind me of the words "a bad tree cannot bear good fruit".

Sure, pick players from every continent, but not if it means picking... nevermind.
See? That was exactly the answer I anticipated. John attacks Charlie and the procedure instead of having a fruitful discussion. Do you need further proof that he is up to no good?

No matter who is chosen, be prepared that John will unleash a shitstorm upon the candidate, Charlie, the procedure and anything that disgruntles him ... you have been warned!
KillerB wrote:
JeBuS wrote:This conversation appears to have gone precisely the way BCS said it would, based on Alinsky's tactics.
You guys are either too smart for me or too dumb, 'cause I got no clue what you people are talking about.
You got your answer above.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The policing of a small community on the internet is harder than policing a Taiwanese railway network.

Is that the lesson here? :P

I think the problem is the community is divided between the love it feels for John and all he has given to the game and the trouble he causes in the community.

I believe it all stems from the purity these message boards hope to attain and the struggle he feels internally against being somebody that should toe the line of the CoC.

How I have seen other message boards deal with this is to have specific forums dedicated to being more free to foul language and/or personal abuse (general trolling) or just having a link to an outside forum which serves that purpose.

Obviously if TrekCC did host such a message board it would need a gate. Either you would need to ask to be let in or you would have to meet some sort of post count minimum or both.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Spectre9 wrote:The policing of a small community on the internet is harder than policing a Taiwanese railway network.

Is that the lesson here? :P

I think the problem is the community is divided between the love it feels for John and all he has given to the game and the trouble he causes in the community.

I believe it all stems from the purity these message boards hope to attain and the struggle he feels internally against being somebody that should toe the line of the CoC.

How I have seen other message boards deal with this is to have specific forums dedicated to being more free to foul language and/or personal abuse (general trolling) or just having a link to an outside forum which serves that purpose.

Obviously if TrekCC did host such a message board it would need a gate. Either you would need to ask to be let in or you would have to meet some sort of post count minimum or both.
There is such a forum already. Still, whatever, this post isn't appropriate to the 2E Gameplay forum, and I hope a mod will move it soon.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Spectre9 wrote:You what now?

How does that apply to my post and not half the thread?
I was referring to the whole thread!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
nickyank wrote:Still, whatever, this post isn't appropriate to the 2E Gameplay forum, and I hope a mod will move it soon.
Because one of the Director candidates has made the game's forum culture and the CoC a primary focus of his campaign to win the job, that not only makes it relevant to this board, but makes moving the thread inappropriate, both in our opinion.

After a director is selected, that decision will be revisited.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I thought this thread was about trains...

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Regarding the effect the 2E Director can have on culture:

Here's a what a 2E Director can do to lessen the toxicity on these forums.
  • - He can communicate with players and treat volunteers in ways that build trust
    - He can put out a quality product on a reliable schedule
Here's what a 2E Director can't do.
  • - He can not "clean up" the forums
    - He can not dictate how and when the CoC is enforced
That's why I say the rest is a choice. Hence my musings on culture with trains as a metaphor. That's how this is related.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:Regarding the effect the 2E Director can have on culture:

Here's a what a 2E Director can do to lessen the toxicity on these forums.
  • - He can communicate with players and treat volunteers in ways that build trust
    - He can put out a quality product on a reliable schedule
Here's what a 2E Director can't do.
  • - He can not "clean up" the forums
    - He can not dictate how and when the CoC is enforced
That's why I say the rest is a choice. Hence my musings on culture with trains as a metaphor. That's how this is related.
Shut up and check your PMs let’s figure this thing oyt

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
monty42 wrote:I thought this thread was about trains...
I thought it was about eugenics.
I thought it was about trains and tunnels and eugenics

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
As the 2E Director Search is over, this thread is no longer relevant to 2E Gameplay. While it would be ordinarily be moved in such a case, it's also long since devolved into people just throwing personal attacks at each other.

Therefore, instead, we're just going to lock it.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]