Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Wanted to say thank you for the new 2.0 Virtual decks.

I noticed that some of the 2.0 decks are not pinned under the old virtual decks on the affiliation page and thought that they might be up towards the top of the page rather that down the page with the decks people are playing.

Also noticed that some of the affiliations don't have a 2.0 deck yet. Maybe these are still being worked on, but I noticed the following have not been given a new 2.0 virtual deck yet: Borg, DS 9 Earth, Maquis, Starfleet, Terok Nor, TOS and Voyager.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for the effort on the 2.0 Virtual decks posted so far.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
If you’re talking about mine, I’ve only made the first 8 public. I did that so the 2E Staff could try them out in sealed play, since you can’t copy or print a deck that’s privately shared. I wasn’t expecting anyone to find them. Expect an article in the near future explaining their creation and features. I’m planning to finish out all the full suite when I can find the time. I have several if them done, but haven’t had the time to playtest them.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
No I was not looking for the starter decks. I saw the article for them and did look at the new beginner decks and thought they looked very good for a beginner. I was told that there is a group of 2E people working on redoing the Virtual decks that are now several years old and some of them needed to be redone and updated. When I saw the decks that were posted by Maggie, I thought this might be the new V-decks that were complete and ready for people to try out in a Virtual tournament. I was just trying to say nice job and thought that the ones that were not posted might be available soon. Sorry if I upset anyone.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Warrior50 wrote:No I was not looking for the starter decks. I saw the article for them and did look at the new beginner decks and thought they looked very good for a beginner. I was told that there is a group of 2E people working on redoing the Virtual decks that are now several years old and some of them needed to be redone and updated. When I saw the decks that were posted by Maggie, I thought this might be the new V-decks that were complete and ready for people to try out in a Virtual tournament. I was just trying to say nice job and thought that the ones that were not posted might be available soon. Sorry if I upset anyone.
Huh? No I don't think anyone is upset.

I don't think these new decks are staying virtual-only. Everything is printable so they can draw on any card ever made.

The real use for the "virtual" decks now is if you are deliberately trying to create a deck building challenge for players starting from unoptimised decks and some random packs.

If you are looking for something that can be given to any player who doesn't have a collection the beginner decks will be the best, and they're still plenty challenging to play well even if they are not strictly-speaking beginners.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I'm not upset at all. :-)

I know you guys in Orlando often do sealed with the virtual starters. Please, try them out and let me know how they play! *looks meaningfully at Rick*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]