Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
By the "do as much as you can" rule, I feel like I should be able to play YABMF when I have zero points to download 5 cards and have them immediately join it in the discard.

Actually even if I have the 5 points, I should be able to not pay and have the effect fizzle in the same way. Costs are optional, right?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You should absolutely not be able to play it that way. If you want to play that card, you have to play it to the core and pay the cost.

Not sure why'd you even want to live in the terrible world where you were right and you could skip the cost and do half the effect; you'd be able to choose to not pay anything, download 5 cards, and then keep them because there is nowhere to put them. *shudder*
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
According to fringe science they would have to go on the card, in the discard pile.

I am looking for a use for the card when you draw it and you don't have points. Thinning out the deck by 5 seems like a win. Or it could be the start of a FRINGE SCIENCE FRANKENCOMBO.
Last edited by Fritzinger on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There is no card to put them on if the card never went anywhere.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I’m not sure what ‘fringe science’ is, but the rule book clearly says:

Some cards might have an additional cost to play in their game text. Such costs will always precede the word “to”. You cannot play these cards unless you pay all of their costs. If the cost is losing points, you must have points to lose to pay this cost and play the card.

So, it’s not like by not paying the cost, it fizzles, then hits the discard pile. If you’ve not got the 5 points to lose, it doesn’t even get to leave your hand.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Danny wrote:I’m not sure what ‘fringe science’ is, but the rule book clearly says:

Some cards might have an additional cost to play in their game text. Such costs will always precede the word “to”. You cannot play these cards unless you pay all of their costs. If the cost is losing points, you must have points to lose to pay this cost and play the card.

So, it’s not like by not paying the cost, it fizzles, then hits the discard pile. If you’ve not got the 5 points to lose, it doesn’t even get to leave your hand.
This :thumbsup:

I applaud trying creative things... but as I so often have to tell Michael, "no" :)

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Marquetry wrote:
I applaud trying creative things... but as I so often have to tell Michael, "no" :)
And in that, Amber, there is no doubt that you have the toughest job in the 2E world.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
karonofborg13 wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
And in that, Amber, there is no doubt that you have the toughest job in the 2E world.
I am not sure she was talking about Star Trek cards...

Honest

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:
karonofborg13 wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
I am not sure she was talking about Star Trek cards...

Honest
Gotta admit... I had the same thought...

:lol:

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]