Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
First off, forgive me if this has been asked before. I couldn't find it. If someone wins using the Terrasphere mission requirements without solving another mission, would their total score still be 100 at the end of the game?

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
IQ542 wrote:First off, forgive me if this has been asked before. I couldn't find it. If someone wins using the Terrasphere mission requirements without solving another mission, would their total score still be 100 at the end of the game?
Yes I believe so.

Rules entry on modifying victory conditions says,
Modifications to victory conditions affect all victory conditions (rulebook or gametext).
So, my guess is if you have completed Terrasphere 8, Starfleet Command Re-creation and your opponent has eight or more Species 8472 dilemmas in his or her core at the start of your turn, you win the game even if you haven't completed another mission and you score 100 points.
Last edited by The Prefect on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Page 17 of the Organized Play Guide lays all this out for you.
OPG wrote:If due to gameplay-based effects (1) or when both players no longer have cards in their draw decks (2), the winning player ends the game on 100 points regardless of what the player's current score is at the time. Differential is then calculated as per normal against the opponent’s score at the time.

For Example (1): Jeremy and Steve are playing Second Edition. Steve has zero points and faces Up the Ante, chooses not to prevent and overcome the dilemma and subsequently completes the mission on that attempt. Steve completes the mission and wins the game by the text on Up the Ante. When calculating Differential, Steve scores 100, while his opponent, Jeremy, ends the game with a score of 35. Therefore, Steve's Differential is +65, and Jeremy's Differential is -65.

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Thanks for the responses! Just wanted to check and make sure we made the right call. :cheersL:
MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]