Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Here goes: The [Hir] are a space born nomadic hunter species. My first thought would be to have them report to a/their ship. We already have [Voy] , Equinox and [Fut] [Fed] that does that so nothing new. I do believe it would fit them as a species better so thoughts!?
Rituals of the hunt was used to allow all the [Hir] with Anthropology to gain all the printed skills from their prey ( a name personnel commanded by your opponent). What if the [Hir] had certain skill holes that could only be filled by playing Rituals ( an [Evt] in our game) OR capturing prey to be placed on some card to gain said skill !?
They were very strong but I see no need for them to be any stronger than [Dom] jemmies.
I would love to see something for them that made Impressive Trophies harder to pass. Increased the cunning +1 for each whatever. A better dilemma for them to use because it is them using it.
I think the hunting/stalking their prey should try and be done in a non-combat way, hence the something new they would bring.
They had access to [Holo] so the ones we have now could become [Hir] cards and reflect their being persecuted, one less skill, smaller attributes.
HELP!! Thoughts on these or other things that could help build the [Hir] and make them a worthwhile affiliation :twocents: :cheersL:

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
The Hirogen are one of my favorite affiliations in Trek. I like your idea of incorporating the rituals into their game play. Maybe they could gain skills or utilize game text if specific rituals were in play? New rituals could be created for the affiliation based on skill gaps or need. Trophies are also a big part of the Hirogen culture. Hirogen could "hunt" personnel and capture them as a trophy in order to gain skills, attributes, or utilize as yet to be determined game text. The trophy process should be different from combat as we already have enough combat in the game. Species 8472 has the Terrasphere mission providing for alternate win conditions. Perhaps it would be possible to tweak that idea a little bit for the Hirogen and their trophies. Additionally, the Hirogen are hunters utilizing powerful ships to pursue and acquire their prey. The design team could create pursuit cards that specifically benefit the Hirogen in some way (i.e. attributes, capturing, skills, dilemmas, etc). :cheersL: :twocents:
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]