Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
In anticipation of 2E's 50th set, let's talk about 50 point missions!

Some of the 2E Staff will be chatting tonight at 9:00 pm EDT (currently -4:00 UTC). We'll be streaming the discussion live on YouTube. I'll post the link to watch here when we start the broadcast.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
A lot of terrible takes in this video.
"Requirements too hard"...?

A 50 pt mission gets you half way to winning the game. It has to be hard to complete! Otherwise you're undermining the entire concept this game is built on!

The basic jist has always been three easy missions vs 2 hard ones.

Once you start making 50 pointers too easy, you're rocking the foundations this game is built on. I hope the Omega Directive designers kept that in mind...

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In addition to all that, 50 point missions unlock all kinds of bonus supports in the form of dilemmas, interrupts, and events that require unusually high mission point totals.

I'm glad we're getting more 50s for the sake of variety and allowing for new deck ideas, and I haven't listened to the video yet, but I really hope there aren't any 50 point missions with 40 point mission kind of requirements in this set.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think Corbett had the right idea the first time you went to him. It makes more sense to discuss 50-point missions in the context of the game, and not necessarily to discuss each card individually.

Questions I have: are 50 pointers just going to be a 4th mission; knowing their heavy requirements, the difference between solving one as your first mission vs. your last; any chance to be solved in a 3-mission; what affiliations generate bonus points to go 50+30/5+bonus win?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote:I think Corbett had the right idea the first time you went to him.
The rest of the time he was FAKE NEWS.
Well, I stopped watching after realizing it was just going to be this mission has tough skills and tough attributes x7.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote:I think Corbett had the right idea the first time you went to him.
The rest of the time he was FAKE NEWS.
Well, I stopped watching after realizing it was just going to be this mission has tough skills and tough attributes x7.
Damn, there goes our CoronaVirus Briefing-level HUGE ratings.
How can we Interact with a Stopped Ship?

(I personally file "2E did it" in the[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]