Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I reposted this after the link on the tournament report posted automatically to the 1e boards.

Use this thread to discuss this Tournament Report: 2020-03-28 - 12:15 AM - Fritzinger.

It's not every day I want to share a deck that finished 3rd out of 3 but then the other two players did finish 2nd and 4th in the 2019 rankings.

In any case, I'm feeling pretty good about keeping up with this deck, it's 40 point AQ missions plus Distant Exploration for a 2 mission win. No assimilation, no K&E!

Oh, and even though I had P9Bx2, I'd much rather play nanoprobes.

I'm hoping the new 50 point mission will make it possible to win with fewer moving parts - no quadrant range restriction, no need to draw extra cards points. Having had a look at a build for it, I will say that the non-overlapping skills is a bit of a pain. But they do have the exo and astro interlinks, but I'm looking forward to having more counters for personnel and slots for interrupt cheating.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:Anyone who has the courage to play [Bor] that isn't Big Borg Wall Cheese is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: in my book.
Doing this all time... isn't so special
:P

By Andrew
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may replace your Drone present with a Drone from your discard pile. Place the Drone you replaced in his or her owner's discard pile. You may do this only once each dilemma.
Is this version of the Queen still being used a lot? It makes the game a drawn out and miserable experience.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Andrew wrote:Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may replace your Drone present with a Drone from your discard pile. Place the Drone you replaced in his or her owner's discard pile. You may do this only once each dilemma.
Is this version of the Queen still being used a lot? It makes the game a drawn out and miserable experience.
That Queen is back in a big way in the WallBorgers deck that's good in Hall of Fame right now.

She earned herself a nomination for next year's class in my book.

I haven't seen her in Standard much lately but she's still playable.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Andrew wrote:Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
I'm a big fan because when someone kills my interlink or computation drones I want them back next turn.

This deck isn't a huge timesink, it does get complicated during attempts but it takes a long time to get started so there aren't that many attempts.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
She earned herself a nomination for next year's class in my book.
Looks like the virus will save us all from Borg Rampaging all over HoF 2020. Hopefully people induct at least 3-5 cards next year. There's even an alt Locutus to use now. No excuses.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
The greatest sin of Borg Wall is it's boring. Watching my opponent interlink and count his discard pile to 14 multiple times a turn isn't a game I want to play. But John, you did that at Man2, you're a fucking hypocrite! Yes, I am.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]