Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
What affiliations would get horribly shut down if code of the ushaan started the game and was unpreventable? Like if it got the otf treatment and was baked into the rules?

What would never get played again in a tournament where people were serious about winning?

Terok Nor gets some extra counters for removing dilemmas, but is it crucial to their competitiveness?

Commons DS9 would lose a lot of speed, but there’s lots of ways to play DS9. Likewise Romulans if they lost awc.

Starfleet would probably use ASFSE a lot less? But there's also lots of ways to play them.

Ferengi have lots of options that don't involve extra counters.

Who doesn't survive?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Ferengi and Borg - they really can't do much else.
True, but both of them have easy answers to events on table and easy access to get them, so it's not the end of the world for either of them.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
True, but both of them have easy answers to events on table and easy access to get them, so it's not the end of the world for either of them.
Well, they won't have many easy answers if it's a game rule :P
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote:
We're not talking about real life star trek magic cards, we're talking about imaginary 2e OTF star trek magic cards.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:
We're not talking about real life star trek magic cards, we're talking about imaginary 2e OTF star trek magic cards.
I retired the '3E = murdered hobo" policy but have started a "2E OTF = murdered hobo" policy.

Their blood is on your hands.

*shocked there's no Euros crying in this thread about having to blow up one event to spend 8+ counters turn

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Connor never got around to writing an article for the Android Fight Club deck (my fault since my 2E spirit is low), but the premise of that deck is that with Ushaan discounts (Energize + Blue Match) are the new hotness and At What Cost is obsolete.

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=43149

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
I retired the '3E = murdered hobo" policy but have started a "2E OTF = murdered hobo" policy.

Their blood is on your hands.

*shocked there's no Euros crying in this thread about having to blow up one event to spend 8+ counters turn
I blame Surpise Party and the every affiliation gets a +5 points card trend.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
KillerB wrote:*shocked there's no Euros crying in this thread about having to blow up one event to spend 8+ counters turn
You're not gonna hear me crying this time.
To me Code of the Ushaan is the card of the decade because it (May 4th pun) brings balance to the force.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
KillerB wrote:*shocked there's no Euros crying in this thread about having to blow up one event to spend 8+ counters turn
You're not gonna hear me crying this time.
To me Code of the Ushaan is the card of the decade because it (May 4th pun) brings balance to the force.
Apologies, I should've specified Austrians. But really... all European hew-mons look the same to me.

Wait... should I be proud of Ushaan? *EGO SWELLING*

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: I blame Surpise Party and the every affiliation gets a +5 points card trend.
I remember Charlie showing/leaking me that card at Sykes house in Ohio many moons ago and being more annoyed with that then when he showed/leaked Peak Performance later that year (they come out about the same time?)

When I saw Peak all I could think was "Another Starfleet team?"

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
John, you want a non-Austrian European to cry, I will do you the favour. Over here Ibboko is paired with the Code. If you have forgotten about that guy, I bring it back on your American radar. Code is a horrible card.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: I blame Surpise Party and the every affiliation gets a +5 points card trend.
I remember Charlie showing/leaking me that card at Sykes house in Ohio many moons ago and being more annoyed with that then when he showed/leaked Peak Performance later that year (they come out about the same time?)

When I saw Peak all I could think was "Another Starfleet team?"
Peak Performance came out before surprise party by at least a few months. PP was HoF- eligible this year. Surprise Party is first eligible next year.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:John, you want a non-Austrian European to cry, I will do you the favour. Over here Ibboko is paired with the Code. If you have forgotten about that guy, I bring it back on your American radar. Code is a horrible card.
*EGO SHRINKING*

To be fair, if you make a hammer and 50% of the people love/hate it: Flawless Victory.

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]