Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
Peak Performance came out before surprise party by at least a few months. PP was HoF- eligible this year. Surprise Party is first eligible next year.
I knew they were close, but regardless of order, Peak Performace + Surprise Party + Broken Worlds = a shitty year of trek.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:John, you want a non-Austrian European to cry, I will do you the favour. Over here Ibboko is paired with the Code. If you have forgotten about that guy, I bring it back on your American radar. Code is a horrible card.
Ibboko is a baller. Even has 2 Leadership. Can't people just figure out how to play without 14 counters?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
monty42 wrote:
KillerB wrote:*shocked there's no Euros crying in this thread about having to blow up one event to spend 8+ counters turn
You're not gonna hear me crying this time.
To me Code of the Ushaan is the card of the decade because it (May 4th pun) brings balance to the force.
KillerB wrote:Apologies, I should've specified Austrians. But really... all European hew-mons look the same to me.
hello from Austria - and I am not crying. I am happy about this card! I am 100% on Benjamins side.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:I honestly had to go look up Ibboko, I can't remember ever seeing him in play. Is he that good? 4 cost for 3 skills and an unkillable ritual? How many people are playing with 14 counters?
Not sure. But in standard I've been throwing Kreetassa in half my decks. He's a great option otherwise, plus the 2 Leadership for Bridge Officer\'s Test.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:I just cannot figure out how to play Ferengi without 16 counters and more. And do not mention your American 40 card Ferengi. They do not work over here... ;)
Please forgive my ignorance, as someone who has not spent a lot of time on Ferengi: at first glance, they have some really powerful cheats and attribute boosts - are those all too expensive without the extra counters?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:
Caretaker's Guest wrote:I just cannot figure out how to play Ferengi without 16 counters and more. And do not mention your American 40 card Ferengi. They do not work over here... ;)
Please forgive my ignorance, as someone who has not spent a lot of time on Ferengi: at first glance, they have some really powerful cheats and attribute boosts - are those all too expensive without the extra counters?
I've played Ferengi a lot, but haven't really used Par Lenor. They have a couple of weaknesses:

[*]Low attributes for their cost (offset by high skill density, but when everyone has Acquisition, that's not really much of a help)
[*]Many support cards are of the "win more" variety and not the "lose less" type. See Veiled Threat for an example of that. I cannot think of the number of times where this interrupt has been 100% useless to me.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:
KillerB wrote: I retired the '3E = murdered hobo" policy but have started a "2E OTF = murdered hobo" policy.

Their blood is on your hands.
What can I get for 3E OTF?
I think that's when John gets a plane ticket to SA to "discuss" the matter with you.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
KillerB wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
What can I get for 3E OTF?
I hope you're a terminator from the future sent to kill me so I don't have to see it.
Do you really want more Terminator movies?

Michael,
asking because he's curious

By First Maje (Jon Fry)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Newb question: can someone explain mechanically why Ushaan stops a play of AWC? The glossary entry for "cannot / may not" sounds like it might allow it in a common language sense (the text of AWC contradicts Ushaan's limiting text).
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all o[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0