Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
First Maje wrote:Newb question: can someone explain mechanically why Ushaan stops a play of AWC? The glossary entry for "cannot / may not" sounds like it might allow it in a common language sense (the text of AWC contradicts Ushaan's limiting text).
The Rulebook wrote:cannot / may not – Game text which specifically forbids an action cannot
be overridden except by game text which specified what forbidding text
is being overridden.
At What Cost? does not specifically say that it overrides Code of the Ushaan. AWC would need to say something along the lines of "regardless of effects which prevent you from spending additional counters" to override the Ritual.

For examples, see Javert and For the Cause, which both allow [Maq] personnel to complete Region: Demilitarized Zone missions "regardless of effects preventing [Maq] personnel (or ships those personnel are aboard)" to override the text on Evacuate Colony, Intercept Maquis, and Investigate Maquis Activity.

EDIT: One minor detail, Code of the Ushaan prevents you from spending additional counters, not from actually playing At What Cost?. If you've got some crazy plan where you want to lose the 5 points and get At What Cost? in your discard pile, even though you don't get anything for it, it's technically a legal play.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.